Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't once said he didn't miss decent chances?

Batshuayi has flopped in this league. He worked well at Dortmund because it's a completely different style of league.

Martial isn't going to be available for us. In fact, United's board don't want to sell him at all, and there's supposedly a lot of friction between them and Mourinho over that.

Oh there we go, the 'show ambition' quote as well.

Mauro Icardi would not have come to Everton. He's the Inter captain and is a superstar over there. Belotti may be available - that doesn't mean there isn't room in the squad for DCL.

Schick has been awful at Roma. Mario Mandzukic is 32. Dolberg has dropped off a cliff - admittedly still a talent. Dembele has struggled with injuries.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that not once have I labelled DCL as a top goalscorer. I just think he's a very decent option to have in the squad - I'd rather the squad players be young, hungry players with a bit of talent and workrate than some journeyman 29-year-old.

And you're also suggesting that I'm saying we shouldn't bring a striker in?

I haven't said that. If we do get a Dembele or a Plea or a Dolberg that's fine. It just doesn't have to be at DCL's expense.

Batshuayi didn't flop - he didn't play as Costa was ahead of him and then has lit up the Bundasliga.

Martial doesn't play for utd.

Icardi fell out with the Ultras and had death threats. Last season we had European football, Inter didn't...

Schick scored 3 in 13 for Roma... better than DCL's conversion rate.

Pretty sure they'll both like a young player who can play in numerous positions, has a full season under his belt, has taken on a responsibility that was chucked upon him because of inept transfer activity and has proved a consistent feature in the side under three successive managers - whatever you think of those managers.

If there's room in Liverpool's squad for Solanke, there's room in ours for DCL.

Sorry mate, Solanke isn`t someone that you should be using as a comparison, as he`s League one lol

When Lukaku was sold, Inter Milan were skint and had to sell players. SINCE then he's signed a new deal with a big release clause.

Belotti hasn't had a good season, so perhaps he may be available?

Martial can't kick a ball for Utd.

I personally cant see us spending big on a striker, with us having Tosun, for me its very low on our list of needs.

We of course need more Striking options than Tosun and DCL, but I cant see us addressing them by spending 100m on Icardi or 50m on Martial.

Ive said I will refrain from saying we couldnt attract certain players, so I wont say it, but I doubt Icardi could spell Everton.

Yep, Niasse did brilliantly when called upon as well.

But we need three strikers.

Tosun
Niasse
DCL

Yes, we need to improve in that area, but first and foremost we need to get some players (and a system) that can get the best out of our current £27m striker (Tosun) - as he's shown when we've given him the chances, he'll score.
Nah I agree ha

Just reminding you about our prince

Sorry mate, Solanke isn`t someone that you should be using as a comparison, as he`s League one lol

I'm using him as a comparison as they both played together in the World Cup squad last summer. DCL scored the winning goal, Solanke was voted player of the tournament.

There was a huge buzz about Solanke a few years back, ask @Zatara - who never shut up about him.

I think it's a worthy comparison as they're both the same age, similar types of player and Solanke plays for our local rivals.

I'm using him as a comparison as they both played together in the World Cup squad last summer. DCL scored the winning goal, Solanke was voted player of the tournament.

There was a huge buzz about Solanke a few years back, ask @Zatara - who never shut up about him.

I think it's a worthy comparison as they're both the same age, similar types of player and Solanke plays for our local rivals.

Solanke is Walanke.

Its the transfer thread and the discussion has derailed onto DCL... oy.

So whos Silvas first signing?
richarlison or doucoure ... or both

he sould defo be looking at pace in the back 4 tho.... he will defo need it with our midfielders pressing the ball, further up the pitch

Batshuayi didn't flop - he didn't play as Costa was ahead of him and then has lit up the Bundasliga.

Martial doesn't play for utd.

Icardi fell out with the Ultras and had death threats. Last season we had European football, Inter didn't...

Schick scored 3 in 13 for Roma... better than DCL's conversion rate.

United's board do not want to sell Martial.

If they do, it will be to get Bale/Griezmann/Lewandowski or whoever else Mourinho wants to turn gash. If they do sell him, it will be for £70-80million, and Everton will be low on the list of clubs in for him my friend.

Batshuayi did flop. He cost £30m and has scored seven Premier League goals in a season-and-a-half. There's a reason Chelsea went and spent big on Morata and then did the same with Giroud.

I do like Batshuayi, but he's a goalpocher - and that's why he did well going to Dortmund. His all-round play was the same as it was at Chelsea - very poor, and I watch a lot of Dortmund. I wouldn't be against signing him but that doesn't mean there isn't a place in the squad for DCL either.

Stop pedalling the Icardi nonsense lad. He wasn't coming to Everton. It isn't FIFA. He wasn't leaving his captaincy at Inter to play against the Slovenian farmers and Hadjuk Split.

Schick has been awful for Roma. His all-round game has been abysmal.

DCL's all-round game has been good. His role in the team isn't to be the main goalscorer - can't you get your head around that?

He offers so much else.

Yes, nobody will deny he needs to improve his finishing. But at 21, he shouldn't be leading the line for a Premier League side and we shouldn't be asking him to. He should be there as a different option to use to add balance to the squad, which is what he does. If his finishing doesn't improve by the time he's 23/24, that's when you start to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back