Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a £40/50m proven goalscorer that will come to us lad.

And no, DCL was rarely there to 'score the goals' in our side.

That was either on Rooney or Tosun.

DCL's a good player. He isn't a good finisher. Doesn't mean he can't be useful or that he can't improve because, guess what, he's 21.

DCL missed lots of chances last year, and you know it.

There are players such as Batshuayi and Martial who would be available given the transfer fee and wage is correct. We need to show ambition and get real quality in the side, or what's the point? I'd have no qualms about keeping DCL as a 3/4th choice CF - but he should not be leading the line at Everton.

I said when we lost Lukaku that Maro Icardi was available for around £50m.... we should have been all over that but we chose to not replace Lukaku.

Belotti didn't have a brilliant year, would he be available? If Rashford can't get a game would he be available on loan? Would Moussa Dembele be available? Could we have a go at Dolberg? Does Mandzukic want to try the PL? Shick hasn't played lots at Roma would he want a change?

These are the names we should be considering...

What outstanding players have we had in recent memory though? Rom, and that's it.

Arteta and Cahill 10 years ago.

DCL isn't ever going to be a superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to be good enough.

Reality check, we aren't an outstanding team. We're pretty crap and he was one of the only bright spots from last season.
At the moment he`s a Championship player at best.

We disagree mate. I saw Sigurdsson play for Everton last season and he was nowhere near a class act. Stoke players can say what they want about Arnautovich but the truth is that they dropped like a stone once he was sold. He's a good player, and I think we would have been better offor with him than Sigurdsson.

He wasn't as good as he had been, I agree. However, he was still probably one of our best player. He wasn't being utilised in any formation, playing left mid with possibly the worst left back we have seen grace Goodison, it was a difficult task. He looked like a different player once Baines and Walcott were in the team.

I personally don't think there demise was down to his sale, stoke fans and players didn't seem to care that he had gone. And it wasn't long ago that west ham wanted rid of him as well.

Statistically

Arnautovic
Appearances 156
Goals 33
Assists 29
Big chances created 40

Sigurdsson
Appearances 209
Goals 46
Assists 36
Big chances created 52

There are players such as Batshuayi and Martial who would be available given the transfer fee and wage is correct. We need to show ambition and get real quality in the side, or what's the point? I'd have no qualms about keeping DCL as a 3/4th choice CF - but he should not be leading the line at Everton.

I said when we lost Lukaku that Maro Icardi was available for around £50m.... we should have been all over that but we chose to not replace Lukaku.

Belotti didn't have a brilliant year, would he be available? If Rashford can't get a game would he be available on loan? Would Moussa Dembele be available? Could we have a go at Dolberg? Does Mandzukic want to try the PL? Shick hasn't played lots at Roma would he want a change?

Icardi has a release clause of 100m Euros, he was never available for 50m.

Chelsea couldnt sign Belotti.

And Martial?

Jesus christ.

I haven't once said he didn't miss decent chances?

Batshuayi has flopped in this league. He worked well at Dortmund because it's a completely different style of league.

Martial isn't going to be available for us. In fact, United's board don't want to sell him at all, and there's supposedly a lot of friction between them and Mourinho over that.

Oh there we go, the 'show ambition' quote as well.

Mauro Icardi would not have come to Everton. He's the Inter captain and is a superstar over there. Belotti may be available - that doesn't mean there isn't room in the squad for DCL.

Schick has been awful at Roma. Mario Mandzukic is 32. Dolberg has dropped off a cliff - admittedly still a talent. Dembele has struggled with injuries.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that not once have I labelled DCL as a top goalscorer. I just think he's a very decent option to have in the squad - I'd rather the squad players be young, hungry players with a bit of talent and workrate than some journeyman 29-year-old.

And you're also suggesting that I'm saying we shouldn't bring a striker in?

I haven't said that. If we do get a Dembele or a Plea or a Dolberg that's fine. It just doesn't have to be at DCL's expense.

New manager in ...... it will be raining Ins / Outs now.....Transfer whirlwind !!!!
( cue contract extensions for Williams / Mirralas )

Let`s see what Silva and Brands think ?

Like I said before, I`ll be very happy to be proved wrong ;)

Pretty sure they'll both like a young player who can play in numerous positions, has a full season under his belt, has taken on a responsibility that was chucked upon him because of inept transfer activity and has proved a consistent feature in the side under three successive managers - whatever you think of those managers.

If there's room in Liverpool's squad for Solanke, there's room in ours for DCL.

Name a £40/50m proven goalscorer that will come to us lad.

And no, DCL was rarely there to 'score the goals' in our side.

That was either on Rooney or Tosun.

DCL's a good player. He isn't a good finisher. Doesn't mean he can't be useful or that he can't improve because, guess what, he's 21.
Ummm......Niasse

Ummm......Niasse

Yep, Niasse did brilliantly when called upon as well.

But we need three strikers.

Tosun
Niasse
DCL

Yes, we need to improve in that area, but first and foremost we need to get some players (and a system) that can get the best out of our current £27m striker (Tosun) - as he's shown when we've given him the chances, he'll score.

Icardi has a release clause of 100m Euros, he was never available for 50m.

Chelsea couldnt sign Belotti.

And Martial?

Jesus christ.

When Lukaku was sold, Inter Milan were skint and had to sell players. SINCE then he's signed a new deal with a big release clause.

Belotti hasn't had a good season, so perhaps he may be available?

Martial can't kick a ball for Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back