Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be different but all of them are forwards that play both on the wing and centrally. They'd be competing for the same positions if they were in a squad together. I think Arnautovich and Shaqiri are both better options than Sigurdsson, and that it would be great to have both Arnautovich and Shaqiri in the same side.
Imagine having them in the same side!! A team with those attacking riches would surely be unstoppable and not finish 13th in the league like stoke did two seasons ago.

No way is Arnautovic a better player than Sigurdsson. Stoke players noted, he rarely turned up. And my friends a west ham season ticket holder and said it was onl towards the end of the year he did anything of substance. Sig has been a class act for seasons now.

We disagree mate. I saw Sigurdsson play for Everton last season and he was nowhere near a class act. Stoke players can say what they want about Arnautovich but the truth is that they dropped like a stone once he was sold. He's a good player, and I think we would have been better offor with him than Sigurdsson.

They may be different but all of them are forwards that play both on the wing and centrally. They'd be competing for the same positions if they were in a squad together. I think Arnautovich and Shaqiri are both better options than Sigurdsson, and that it would be great to have both Arnautovich and Shaqiri in the same side.

Arnautovic is very much a classic inside forward.

Shaqiri is more of a winger, who can play central.

Sigurdsson is a no.10.

I'd rather have Gylfi for the no.10 role than any of them.

If we were wanting an inside forward, Arnautovic.

If we were wanting a winger, Shaqiri.

No, we go out and spend £40m/£50m on a proven goalscorer.

DCL is there to score goals... and he doesn't.

Name a £40/50m proven goalscorer that will come to us lad.

And no, DCL was rarely there to 'score the goals' in our side.

That was either on Rooney or Tosun.

DCL's a good player. He isn't a good finisher. Doesn't mean he can't be useful or that he can't improve because, guess what, he's 21.

Imagine having them in the same side!! A team with those attacking riches would surely be unstoppable and not finish 13th in the league like stoke did two seasons ago.

They had Stoke finishing in the top half, and then they dropped like a stone as soon as one of them left. In fact, Stoke couldn't score in a brothel once Arnautovich left.

They're both quality players.

They had Stoke finishing in the top half, and then they dropped like a stone as soon as one of them left. In fact, Stoke couldn't score in a brothel once Arnautovich left.

They're both quality players.

And they're both massively inconsistent.

I'd take Shaqiri as a cheap option. But he ain't better than Gylfi - and I'll readily admit Gylfi was poor the first part of the season.

We finished behind Burnley lad

Swerve quoting the motto at me please

DCL is good enough for our squad going forward. He's useful and has a lot of attributes that players his age usually don't. He mus improve his finishing - I've never said otherwise - if he is to go on to be good enough for us in a few years when youth isn't an excuse.

He simply isn't good enough for our squad now and certainly not moving forward. In my opinion. It's also my belief that this summer should be about signing the best we can, in positions we clearly need. CB, LB and CF, hence the motto. 5 in 43 speaks for itself.

We can do much, much, much better.

We can big man. Not advocating signing Shaqiri - I don't want him particularly - but if we're after a winger in that mould (fat Deulofeu) then I'd take him at £12m.

He's got Southampton/Newcastle/Leicester written all over him, though.

He simply isn't good enough for our squad now and certainly not moving forward. In my opinion. It's also my belief that this summer should be about signing the best we can, in positions we clearly need. CB, LB and CF, hence the motto. 5 in 43 speaks for itself.

But he is good enough for the squad now - he proved that last season.

He brings high workrate, pace, strength and really good aerial ability. His finishing is poor, but he does get in those positions to score.

He's 21, and has loads of room for improvement.

We need a new midfield long before a new striker.

Baffled that people otherwise

How you can say DCL wont be good enough moving forward im not sure mate.

Hes 21 years old, he has very decent digits for his first real season, he can only improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back