Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it like this, if we don't replace DCL with a better option we will fall in further behind.
We play with one striker and DCL is second, maybe even third choice striker at this moment in time. Tosun is the first choice striker and, imo, is good enough to start the new season with. We have at least 4 area's of the team where the current starters are not good enough to start the season and they are the positions we need to prioritise.

If we bring in quality players in the summer in those positions we will finish a minimum of 7th next season. I would also expect us to make up some ground on the top 6. I doubt very much we will fall further behind just because DCL is still with us, but we certainly wouldn't be overtaken by any currently behind us as they have nobody better themselves.

The striker position is something that will need looking at next summer. If DCL has shown no improvement at all, then maybe he has already hit his peak and we should offload him. At the moment though I believe it's too early to make that decision.

I'm one of Siggurdson's biggest haters but the only way Shaqiri is an upgrade is if you're playing FIFA.
You are absolutely his biggest hater, but friggin Shaqiri? He’s nowhere near.

Go forbid we ever pay 40M for anyone again. They will suck no matter what.

Lad, stop chatting wham please.

You say Lookman and Vlasic are great talents, yet neither one has come close - rightly or wrongly - to establishing themselves under three different Everton managers.

DCL has.

That's not just down to the managers either.

How the hell can you slate DCL yet claim Vlasic and Lookman are superstars in the making in the same breath.

DCL established himself under 3 managers because we had no one else.

DCL established himself under 3 managers because we had no one else.

well, in his first season we had the league's second-highest scorer, your boy Lookman, Barkley, Lennon, all capable of playing in that role. He was given a go on merit because he'd impressed for the U23s.

This past season, at the start yes we had nobody. But even when we brought Tosun in, he kept his place.

On merit.

The lad has everything to his game to be a quality player. Not world class, but he has the attributes to do very well. He needs to improve his finishing. But he's 21.

well, in his first season we had the league's second-highest scorer, your boy Lookman, Barkley, Lennon, all capable of playing in that role. He was given a go on merit because he'd impressed for the U23s.

This past season, at the start yes we had nobody. But even when we brought Tosun in, he kept his place.

On merit.

The lad has everything to his game to be a quality player. Not world class, but he has the attributes to do very well. He needs to improve his finishing. But he's 21.

If you think he's good enough to start for Everton it says more about you than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back