Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Lookman is a great talent. So is Vlasic. I think Holgate should be a first choice CB next season and I think Davies is a useful player.

DCL is a striker who doesn't score goals. No excuses. Age literally doesn't matter.

For every Harry Kane argument, there's a Rooney, Owen, Sterling etc etc.
ok mate.

To put it another way :
Which English strikers of his age are better than him ?
If you had the choice of DCL or Solanke who would you pick ?
DCL is not the finished article but it isn't that long since he was in the academy of a first division club. I think his rate of progress is startling.

Why do they HAVE to be English?

Anyway, around the same age (give or take) as Martial, Rashford, Jesus, Sane and Sterling.

As much as I respect your opinion mate, I just don't see that he has it in him to be an outstanding player. There just isn't anything about him, that stands out.

However I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.
I'm not saying he will mate. I hope he does, but the player we see now may be as good as it gets. Same with all our young players. I do think it is too early to write him off though. Especially as he's been fed scraps like all our forwards for the last 12 months.

All I am saying is that if he is going to develop, then he has to continue playing at a high level, either here or another premier club or maybe Germany or France. He also needs 1-1 coaching on his weak area's which he may not necessarily get elsewhere. Sending him out just for game time in the championship or lower won't develop his game in the slightest in my view. He'll just be another Tammy Abraham.

Why do they HAVE to be English?

Anyway, around the same age (give or take) as Martial, Rashford, Jesus, Sane and Sterling.

Sterling has been playing at the top level for five years, for two very good attacking sides (probably the best ever PL side this season), under the world's best coach.

See Sane and Jesus above.

Rashford is a great talent and better than DCL.

Martial is 22 and more akin to Sane.

DCL is a good player. Just because he isn't as good as the ones you name above doesn't mean he isn't.

As much as I respect your opinion mate, I just don't see that he has it in him to be an outstanding player. There just isn't anything about him, that stands out.

The other thing I just thought of, even if we do turn it into a top 7, and we're regularly in competition for the 4 CL slots, we're never going to have a squad full of outstanding players. Even the likes of City and United can't manage that. We're going to have squad players that are a level below. If DCL can get to a point where he can contribute 10+ goals and 10+ assists a season as our second fiddle striker, isn't that good enough?

No.

Lookman is a great talent. So is Vlasic. I think Holgate should be a first choice CB next season and I think Davies is a useful player.

DCL is a striker who doesn't score goals. No excuses. Age literally doesn't matter.

For every Harry Kane argument, there's a Rooney, Owen, Sterling etc etc.

Lad, stop chatting wham please.

You say Lookman and Vlasic are great talents, yet neither one has come close - rightly or wrongly - to establishing themselves under three different Everton managers.

DCL has.

That's not just down to the managers either.

How the hell can you slate DCL yet claim Vlasic and Lookman are superstars in the making in the same breath.

What outstanding players have we had in recent memory though? Rom, and that's it.

Arteta and Cahill 10 years ago.

DCL isn't ever going to be a superstar, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to be good enough.

Reality check, we aren't an outstanding team. We're pretty crap and he was one of the only bright spots from last season.

Shaquiri as a squad player.
We have 37 squad players
We are trying to get rid of squad players
We were crap of the highest order last season because all we had were squad players.
We need to only sign players who will automatically without question walk straight into our first 11
There are only 5/6 players in our squad who I’d consider good enough to be on our first 11 AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT

Caps to stop the what about the youth

Shaqiri is an upgrade to Siggurdson IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back