Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm overlay enthused by carvalho, however, if he's tried to buy out his contract and with the trouble at the club we might be able to get sporting over a barrel and get him at a knock down price.

Having said that I watched that tifo tactics video on YouTube and silva seems too play with two box to box players in a flat midfield 3 with one of the 3 capable of playing number 10. Big willy doesn't seem to fit that profile.

Ruben loftus cheek or similar would seem a better fit

Playing devils advocate here, but imagine Silva views some players we aren’t happy with over more favourably players for his system.

He may well feel he can get more from Schneiderlin in the system he wants to use and feel Gueye doesn’t fit.

He may feel for all of Davies’ energy he is lacking key components to his game to succeed in an advanced role. For all Davies’ qualities he does have weaknesses.

Anyway, the point I make is Silva/Brands May have a completely different view of the players to us.

I’d be hopeful that they can maximise a players qualities in any system they develop, if they don’t fit - Either educate them and in turn align them to the system or get rid.

We may see some sales we don’t expect.

Can't say I'm overlay enthused by carvalho, however, if he's tried to buy out his contract and with the trouble at the club we might be able to get sporting over a barrel and get him at a knock down price.

Having said that I watched that tifo tactics video on YouTube and silva seems too play with two box to box players in a flat midfield 3 with one of the 3 capable of playing number 10. Big willy doesn't seem to fit that profile.

Ruben loftus cheek or similar would seem a better fit

Agree, I don’t think he’s mobile enough to fit Silva’s Watford system, but Silva may have other ideas and play differently with us.

You could argue he played the way he did with Watford utilising players he inherited.

Is there a typical pattern that emerges from Silva’s formations from his last few jobs? Perhaps that would shed more light on what we can expect.

I do feel he nor Brands will be buying players unless they can contribute into a considered system regardless of how advantageous the fee scenario is.

Playing devils advocate here, but imagine Silva views some players we aren’t happy with over more favourably players for his system.

He may well feel he can get more from Schneiderlin in the system he wants to use and feel Gueye doesn’t fit.

He may feel for all of Davies’ energy he is lacking key components to his game to succeed in an advanced role. For all Davies’ qualities he does have weaknesses.

Anyway, the point I make is Silva/Brands May have a completely different view of the players to us.

I’d be hopeful that they can maximise a players qualities in any system they develop, if they don’t fit - Either educate them and in turn align them to the system or get rid.

We may see some sales we don’t expect.
I don’t think our fan base is particularly attached to many of our players now though. Only maybe Coleman and Pickford but he would be mental to drop them!

I don’t think our fan base is particularly attached to many of our players now though. Only maybe Coleman and Pickford but he would be mental to drop them!

I can’t see them either, I don’t think I’ve felt so distant from one of our squads.

I guess the indifferent feeling I have allows me to think rationally.

But that comes with the crushing enervation when you realise just how much has to be done.

The system you just described is not the system the other poster described.

Honestly, if Doucoure, Capoue, and whatever other DCM they used can play together, Gana and Carvalho can play together. Carvalho played quite a bit CM last year and even more the year before. He can carry the ball. Gana can, too. We forget that Gana had the highest pass % in the team and he was playing out of position. But his issue was that he was being unnaturally pushed up the field due to having Morgan behind him. He can move the ball fine as a DCM. He can play disciplined, etc.

The idea that Gana would be on the bench would be about as dumb as it gets. They aren’t getting Willy C to sit Gana. He’s our best player.
I think Gana is overrated a bit. He was as guilty as anyone last season of failing to win the midfield. He’s not great in possession and he was giving the ball away far too easily at times. Although he certainly wasn’t alone there.

Last edited:
Get ozyakup in for 10-12m let Klassen go the other way to rebuild his value and rep on loan, get big willy c in for a knock down price, ship of the French fraud and your boy Besic to cover that cost/wages.

Use the agent link to get Lozano in, get shut of Bolasie, mirallas again the fees will probably see us break even in those three deals.

Instantly upgrade on three positions and reduce the age of the starting 11 to boot.

Spend whatever money we actually have available on a left back (Meyer, Shaw etc), center back (quality one and just a solid third choice) and a option up front (would even take Hernandez at a okay price, or try get Silva from Milan on loan, or the boy dolberg lol)

Top post couldn't agree more, with who your getting rid of and who you want in.

Pickford, Coleman, Walcott, Tosun and probably Sigurdsson and Gueye will all be starters and integral to us building the squad, the likes of Lookman, Holgate, Kenny, Dowell, Davies, Vlasic will all be regular squad players at least.

Think personally we will listen for offers for pretty much anyone not on that list, will actively look to move on some like mirallas, Rooney, Williamsbas well, with the remaining ones forming the squad/backups.

For example back four next year will imo anyway be Coleman, one of either Holgate or Keane/Mori supplementing s new cb and a new left back with the backups being whichever of those remaining two CBS remains baines and Kenny.

Pickford, Coleman, Walcott, Tosun and probably Sigurdsson and Gueye will all be starters and integral to us building the squad, the likes of Lookman, Holgate, Kenny, Dowell, Davies, Vlasic will all be regular squad players at least.

Think personally we will listen for offers for pretty much anyone not on that list, will actively look to move on some like mirallas, Rooney, Williamsbas well, with the remaining ones forming the squad/backups.

For example back four next year will imo anyway be Coleman, one of either Holgate or Keane/Mori supplementing s new cb and a new left back with the backups being whichever of those remaining two CBS remains baines and Kenny.
I’d let Vlasic out on loan and probably Kenny, if we keep Martina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back