Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see them either, I don’t think I’ve felt so distant from one of our squads.

I guess the indifferent feeling I have allows me to think rationally.

But that comes with the crushing enervation when you realise just how much has to be done.

I don`t think you`re alone with those feelings of apathy.

However, after the backroom clear out, we do now seem to have some semblance of structure and order - which we didn`t have before.

The next few weeks are going to be very important and will tell us a lot about the direction we`re heading in.

There`s a lot of highly paid players, that aren`t good enough that need punting.

How Silva and Brands deals with them will be very telling.

Get ozyakup in for 10-12m let Klassen go the other way to rebuild his value and rep on loan, get big willy c in for a knock down price, ship of the French fraud and your boy Besic to cover that cost/wages.

Use the agent link to get Lozano in, get shut of Bolasie, mirallas again the fees will probably see us break even in those three deals.

Instantly upgrade on three positions and reduce the age of the starting 11 to boot.

Spend whatever money we actually have available on a left back (Meyer, Shaw etc), center back (quality one and just a solid third choice) and a option up front (would even take Hernandez at a okay price, or try get Silva from Milan on loan, or the boy dolberg lol)

Have you seen much of Ozyakup mate? Seems highly rated but never seen him. I think Klaasen may stay to play the Cleverley role at Watford which I think he'd be good at.

As for Left back, think it might be left field myself. I can see us closing in on Fabra if I'm honest. Smacks me of a classic Brands buy and looks a smart buy too.

As for Dolberg, would be a sensible time to move for him. Had a really poor year for what he's done before, clearly talent there though and Ajax may take half of what they wanted last season. I would consider throwing DCL in on loan the other way too, and think a year at an Ajax leading the line would really develop the technical side of the game.

Talk of two midfield ‘box-to-box’ players makes me wonder whether Silva might make a bid for:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hughes

However, still contracted for a fair few years to come and of course it’s Watford, but thinking ahead he’s British if we’re thing of rules governing players in European arenas.

Talk of two midfield ‘box-to-box’ players makes me wonder whether Silva might make a bid for:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hughes

However, still contracted for a fair few years to come and of course it’s Watford, but thinking ahead he’s British if we’re thing of rules governing players in European arenas.
Watford won`t be selling us a player for a very long time mate.

Have you seen much of Ozyakup mate? Seems highly rated but never seen him. I think Klaasen may stay to play the Cleverley role at Watford which I think he'd be good at.

As for Left back, think it might be left field myself. I can see us closing in on Fabra if I'm honest. Smacks me of a classic Brands buy and looks a smart buy too.

As for Dolberg, would be a sensible time to move for him. Had a really poor year for what he's done before, clearly talent there though and Ajax may take half of what they wanted last season. I would consider throwing DCL in on loan the other way too, and think a year at an Ajax leading the line would really develop the technical side of the game.

Just going from reports about the Turkish lad in the main, seemed good when I did see him though, dolberg did his ankle early last season which effected his season, plus Ajax lost a lot if that squad, including traore, Klassen etc whose movement helped him hugely.

Left back - left field shout but reckon we will get Ismailly from Shakhtar, Silva worked with him at Braga and was apparently frustrated the owners wouldn't sanction a move to Watford last season for him. Very very good attacking left back at his peak age

Presuming he has the financial backing/support can well see him wanting him here also.

In short mate, three targets Silva stated to the board he wanted was a solid center back from benfica, the left back I mentioned just now, and Richarlison.

All three fitted the system he likes to employ which bodes well for him not being blind to a teams needs.

In large part Watford's defensive problems last season can be looked at in he was having to play with only two defenders he was happy with.

In short mate, three targets Silva stated to the board he wanted was a solid center back from benfica, the left back I mentioned just now, and Richarlison.

All three fitted the system he likes to employ which bodes well for him not being blind to a teams needs.

In large part Watford's defensive problems last season can be looked at in he was having to play with only two defenders he was happy with.

Who was the centre back? (Out of interest)

..thought he played very well against us a couple of seasons ago when Stoke beat us in a high scoring game at Goodison. Great cross from the left for the winner, you just knew when he hit it that it had danger written all over it.

Absolute tart though mate, wouldn't want him anywhere near here as we have enough to get rid of who only show up when they cba.

Be nice if Brands has some under the radar signing from Europe or wherever earmarked as the value for money in this country is absolutely insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back