Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I know:

1. Klaassen isn’t a 10.
2. Gana is fine in possession, especially compared to the rest of our squad.
3. Unless the sites are lying, Carvalho played higher up the pitch at times this season and often in last.
4. Arnautovic is a complete douchecanoe that should be nowhere near this club.
5. Mark Hughes needs to play for a club that has a roof, or has unlimited access to sunscreen that does not come off when he sweats.

Hes a very decent player IMO, hes not flashy and doesnt run around like a headless chicken, which makes people think hes useless.

Theres a danger the game could pass him by in this league, so theres a chance he could flop, but I think he would fit in nicely to how Silva wants us to play.
I'm not saying we should go for him mate, certainly not at the £40m being quoted in previous seasons. But if we can get him for around £20m, then that's a bargain at today's prices. I'd prefer we went after somebody like RLC, but I'm thinking why would Chelsea want to sell him?

I know there are concerns over his lack of pace, but he is a very intelligent player positionally and I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets used to it. He may struggle in the odd game against the likes of City and Liverpool if either are really on their game.

I'm not saying we should go for him mate, certainly not at the £40m being quoted in previous seasons. But if we can get him for around £20m, then that's a bargain at today's prices. I'd prefer we went after somebody like RLC, but I'm thinking why would Chelsea want to sell him?

I know there are concerns over his lack of pace, but he is a very intelligent player positionally and I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets used to it. He may struggle in the odd game against the likes of City and Liverpool if either are really on their game.

Im saying we should go for him.

We have no chance of getting RLC.

Some things I know:

1. Klaassen isn’t a 10.
2. Gana is fine in possession, especially compared to the rest of our squad.
3. Unless the sites are lying, Carvalho played higher up the pitch at times this season and often in last.
4. Arnautovic is a complete douchecanoe that should be nowhere near this club.
5. Mark Hughes needs to play for a club that has a roof, or has unlimited access to sunscreen that does not come off when he sweats.
1. Correct. He is an 8. The 10s are Vlasic, Siggy, Dowell?.

2. He is dross in possesion. The other CMs are are also dross i.e Schneifraud, Rooney, Davies (baring, Klaassen whos skill by foot is quality and just about the only thing people unanimously agree on).

3. I don't know to be fair, but he is best played deep. Hence, no room for Gana. And where not played deep, we need better than Gana.

4. If Arnoutocich eventuates, I will shoot myself in the kneecap. Glad we can agree. Worst link to a player I have just about ever seen.

5. lol

No way at all Gana starts with Carvalho. Silva always plays a number 8, see Ndiaye, Cleverley, Kasami.

If we are ever to improve we need to walk away from trying to turn Gueye into an 8. He is a DM. Carvalho starts, Gana is benched.

At this stage;
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Mori (new LB)
Carvalho Klaassen
Walcott Sigurdsson Lookman
Tosun

Selling players and a starting LB the priorities. Front 4 is ace (though a new winger would be more than welcome).

I say again, we should deffo make a cheeky bid for Chelsea's Kenedy, can play anywhere on our left hand side, he's young, got a bit of an attitude and he's Brazilian.

A lot of what he does goes unnoticed, and it's only when he isn't playing that you see the difference. When he plays his teams tend not to concede many, whether that be Sporting or Portugal. OK. you can say that outside the top 3/4, the standard in his league is poor. But Sporting were in a champions league group with Barcelona, Juventus and Olympiacos and conceded just 8 in 6 games. FFS, we'd have struggled not to concede 8 in 1 match against Barcelona or Juventus.

"we'd have struggled not to concede 81 against Barcelona or Juventus"....fixed that for you

I say again, we should deffo make a cheeky bid for Chelsea's Kenedy, can play anywhere on our left hand side, he's young, got a bit of an attitude and he's Brazilian.
I'm happy with a lot of the suggestions about some of the purchases, but only after we make some sales. If Carvalho is on a free, I think we should be all over that. Plus the LB.

Sporting are in a mess. If it wasn’t enough that fans physically attacked players at the club’s training ground and then match fixing allegations surfaced, now there’s a possible, and understandable, exodus.

Rui Patricio has already taken moves to rescind his contract for ‘just cause’ explaining he’s been left in fear of his life, and there were rumours on Friday that William Carvalho had done the same.

Sporting denied those rumours, and now Record have a quote from the player’s agent Pere Guardiola, brother of Manchester City manager Pep. Very much sitting on the fence, Pere said: “I do not confirm or deny.”

Everton are the only possible destination named by the small Record article, and it’s stated Carvalho is ‘coveted’ by the club. The Portuguese newspaper also point out Marco Silva is Everton’s new manager, and, whilst it’s not mentioned by Record, there’s a very interesting dynamic here.

Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho, who is behind the crisis at the club, sacked Silva in 2015, just days after the manager had won the club their first trophy in several years.

The coach’s contract was cancelled for ‘just cause’, with Bruno giving the reason that Silva had failed to wear the official club suit for a match. It was all to avoid paying compensation.

Marco Silva would not be human if part of him isn’t relishing the idea of signing William Carvalho for free if the midfielder also uses that ‘just cause’ reasoning.

From what I’ve seen of Richarlison, he is a lot more creative and involved in a game way more than anyone we currently have. Same with Mooy of Huddersfield, watched a lot of him and stands out every time. I don’t think he’s the type we’d buy but I think he’d become a favourite here, would rather have him than some of the dross we have and linked with.
He`s scored 5 goals in all comps, in 41 appearances, last season.

That`s getting towards Bolasie type stats.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back