Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going from reports about the Turkish lad in the main, seemed good when I did see him though, dolberg did his ankle early last season which effected his season, plus Ajax lost a lot if that squad, including traore, Klassen etc whose movement helped him hugely.

Left back - left field shout but reckon we will get Ismailly from Shakhtar, Silva worked with him at Braga and was apparently frustrated the owners wouldn't sanction a move to Watford last season for him. Very very good attacking left back at his peak age

Presuming he has the financial backing/support can well see him wanting him here also.
Ozyakup and the Maddison lad from Norwich seem very similar in skillset and style. Of the 2 I think I'd go for the Turkish lad. Maddison is possibly the better long term prospect (but we already have a few of them, no?) but is also a bigger risk at the price being quoted. £12m for Ozyakup looks good value for a player closer to his prime, has been playing at a slightly higher standard, and we know links well with Tosun.

The only downside is the baggage that comes with him;) (only joking if any of our new Turkish fans are logged on).

Fairly sure he wasn’t even getting in their team towards the end of the season. Doucoure is the only player of theirs I’d have.
Personally, I think Richarlison would be exceptional if we were able to get him. The time to do that was last summer though. It isn't going to happen now so we need to be looking for the next Richarlison.

I don't think it's purely a coincidence that his form dropped after Silva left. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, he came straight to Watford from the Brazilian season so probably hasn't had a decent break.

He has a lot of potential but only turns it on when he wants. At the game at Goodison this year he didn't try a leg and he was on cuco.. But at times then he is nearly unplayable .
Not worth 50 million. But a lot better then some of our players
I agree. But then again we're looking to offload those players not add to them.

very good player...Chelsea will hang on to him

We should certainly look for a loan deal, had a good season with Newcastle,Chelsea could be in a bit of turmoil what with Conte's future in doubt and the Russian throwing his toys out over the visa issue. Get in now while confusion reigns, i say

I say again, we should deffo make a cheeky bid for Chelsea's Kenedy, can play anywhere on our left hand side, he's young, got a bit of an attitude and he's Brazilian.

very good player...Chelsea will hang on to him

agreed if we were going to play winbacks

We should certainly look for a loan deal, had a good season with Newcastle,Chelsea could be in a bit of turmoil what with Conte's future in doubt and the Russian throwing his toys out over the visa issue. Get in now while confusion reigns, i say

@davek and I were saying the same 12months ago...he'd be ideal for left back...no need to pigeon hole him as a wing back or further ahead...

Would be a very good signing for us.

Ozyakup and the Maddison lad from Norwich seem very similar in skillset and style. Of the 2 I think I'd go for the Turkish lad. Maddison is possibly the better long term prospect (but we already have a few of them, no?) but is also a bigger risk at the price being quoted. £12m for Ozyakup looks good value for a player closer to his prime, has been playing at a slightly higher standard, and we know links well with Tosun.

The only downside is the baggage that comes with him;) (only joking if any of our new Turkish fans are logged on).

Surely Maddison is a better bet as he's English and mates with our u21 players?

@davek and I were saying the same 12months ago...he'd be ideal for left back...no need to pigeon hole him as a wing back or further ahead...

Would be a very good signing for us.

Surely Maddison is a better bet as he's English and mates with our u21 players?
He's a very good prospect and I like the look of him. But it's a big step up for him Zat. He's basically had a season in the Championship and they're asking £30m or so for him. For me he'd go in with our other 19/21 year olds who still need developing and, in that regard, would be in direct competition with Dowell.

If we're spending that much money on somebody it has to be a guaranteed starter. The Turkish lad offers far more experience. He is most probably at a higher level right now, is an established International and has plenty of Champions league experience too. Plus the £20m we'll save on the price will go towards a top defender or winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back