Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondered when his name would pop up

Not saying we are interested in him, and know swaps don’t happen...but we should offer Onyekuru on loan to one of these clubs with a winger we want (like PSV for Lozano) to sweeten things a bit.

Hes a very decent player IMO, hes not flashy and doesnt run around like a headless chicken, which makes people think hes useless.

Theres a danger the game could pass him by in this league, so theres a chance he could flop, but I think he would fit in nicely to how Silva wants us to play.

Reminds me a lot of matic in there playing styles and their statistics are similar. Obviously matic is better but carvalho isn't a million miles away.

Pipe down.

A very decent player for a very long time, who joined us at a time when we much weaker than we are now (yes that's right, millennials) and helped improve us considerably.

At his peak alongside Distin we had arguably though not indisputably the best centre-back pairing in the division.

He deserves a respectful send-off.

There are so many other things to be legitimately snide and petulant about... pick one of them instead

Thought jags and lescott were immense ... with Coleman and baines , just wish we didn't have howard

The club talked about following the athletico Madrid blue print, so never in a million years are we going to be buying 29yr olds for £50m

When did they speak of this? It's the way I've wanted Everton to re-establish themselves for a a few years now - like Spurs, but winning things. Organic improvement rather than the City/Chelsea model.

For me he'd go in with our other 19/21 year olds who still need developing and, in that regard, would be in direct competition with Dowell

Or... a bit more radical. We bin Sigurdsson to fund the Maddison transfer. That way, at least if Maddison fails, we probably recoup the outlay anyways (no way his price drops) plus a bit more which offsets the Sigurdsson loss.

If it is a success, everyones a winner. We have Maddison, Vlasic and Dowell. One of whom, would surely hit the bingo on the 10, we'r looking for.

Radical, crazy... But reward is enormous.

Or... a bit more radical. We bin Sigurdsson to fund the Maddison transfer. That way, at least if Maddison fails, we probably recoup the outlay anyways (no way his price drops) plus a bit more which offsets the Sigurdsson loss.

If it is a success, everyones a winner. We have Maddison, Vlasic and Dowell. One of whom, would surely hit the bingo on the 10, we'r looking for.

Radical, crazy... But reward is enormous.
Of course, we massively downgrade, but hey, why try and be good?

Will be interesting to see what happens with Vlasic. Good player but always feels like we're shoehorning him in, a bit Besic like. I like both players but just get that feeling from them. Always on the fringes.

Both at an age where they need to be playing regularly. Just not sure that will come with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back