Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really hope so,if he can rediscover his first season form he will be an important member of the squad.

Agree mate. I just think as a young lad he needs to regain some confidence and have sone belief from the manager and fans. I think Silva will be man to set an environment for the young players to thrive.

He's a very good prospect and I like the look of him. But it's a big step up for him Zat. He's basically had a season in the Championship and they're asking £30m or so for him. For me he'd go in with our other 19/21 year olds who still need developing and, in that regard, would be in direct competition with Dowell.

If we're spending that much money on somebody it has to be a guaranteed starter. The Turkish lad offers far more experience. He is most probably at a higher level right now, is an established International and has plenty of Champions league experience too. Plus the £20m we'll save on the price will go towards a top defender or winger.

We'd save £13mil if the Turkish bloke is £12mil and Maddison is £25mil...worth the premium due to age and English cost, not to mention that he knows the u21 lads already.

Or... a bit more radical. We bin Sigurdsson to fund the Maddison transfer. That way, at least if Maddison fails, we probably recoup the outlay anyways (no way his price drops) plus a bit more which offsets the Sigurdsson loss.

If it is a success, everyones a winner. We have Maddison, Vlasic and Dowell. One of whom, would surely hit the bingo on the 10, we'r looking for.

Radical, crazy... But reward is enormous.

Good plan. We will end up 7th or thereabouts anyway.

Think I might, too. Ozyakup can deliver a pass, but he’s lacking pace. Maddison can hold the ball, too, and could be a good backup to Gylfi in the middle. 25M tho? Dear lord.

Huge prices thesedays. It makes last summer even more of a disaster.

We've got Dowell - him and Maddison are extremely similar. Don't see why we'd need to spend £25m on one rather than just play Dowell

There's room for one of them being developed within the first team set up. But not both.

Disagree guys...both can play on the right or centre so theres 2 rotation options for 2 players. Would get at least 20 games each rotated in/out.

...a few Quincey Promes rumours. Interesting.

Hope thats made up by the press...awful.

Torreira deal to Napoli hit a snag apparently. Get in there quick marcel, much better than carvalho.

Prays

Disagree guys...both can play on the right or centre so theres 2 rotation options for 2 players. Would get at least 20 games each rotated in
We're also talking about bringing in another winger who you would expect to start most games. So we already have Lookman, Vlasic and Dowell a and if we add Maddison to that then we're trying to bed in 4 players for 3 positions and giving them all sufficient game time to develop them.

Look Zat I'm not going to spit my dummy out if we buy the kid because he obviously a prospect. I just feel if we're going to be shelling out that sort of money it has to be on players who can come in and do a job starting, and I'm not sure he can do that yet at this level. He's only just broken through at championship and England youth level.

We're also talking about bringing in another winger who you would expect to start most games. So we already have Lookman, Vlasic and Dowell a and if we add Maddison to that then we're trying to bed in 4 players for 3 positions and giving them all sufficient game time to develop them.

Look Zat I'm not going to spit my dummy out if we buy the kid because he obviously a prospect. I just feel if we're going to be shelling out that sort of money it has to be on players who can come in and do a job starting, and I'm not sure he can do that yet at this level. He's only just broken through at championship and England youth level.

If we say that Gylfi is going to be in the centre + Walcott on the right or the left then there's one starting space up for grabs.

Lets say that it doesn't go to Lookman and we sign someone else to start.

In those 3 attacking positions we would have Vlasic, Lookman, Dowell and who else as rotation options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back