Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...the bloke to ask is @bluestevon, he’s our Russian expert.

The stats look promising and he has a Dutch background so there might be something in it.

Don't really rate him much myself mate, looks brilliant in some games and anonymous in others, given the standard of the league, the really top players stand out a mile, for me he doesn't on a regular enough basis, for what it's worth in this league Bolasie would look great a fair amount of games also.

Would swerve if I'm being honest, he's a poor man's Nani and always reminds me a bit if babbel :/

Disagree enormously.

If you look at the successful sides over the recent-ish years...

Chelsea - Terry + Lampard
RS - Carragher + Gerrard now Henderson etc
United - All the youth lads + Good English signings
Arsenal - Merson + Wright+keeper+defence
City - Barry + Milner + one or two more

You always need the English core in the squad and the best in the team.

Weve got 6 England u21 players, Kenny,Holgate, Davies, Dowell, Lookman, DCL.

A squad of 25 less 3 keepers is 22 outfield players.

If we add Onyekuru + Baningime + Vlasic to the 6 and fingers crossed Feeney and Gibson come through next then thst makes 11players.

Basically half of a squad of u21 outfield players...thats extremely impressive.

If Marcel and Silva can push them all up a level over the next season then weve done very well...

I guess we'll see by January where these playera all are development wise...

Adding Maddison and other English players to the group makes a lot of sense to me...hopefully we bring in Loftus Cheek and a couple more from the lower divisions.
That was back then, I remember reading how the class of 92 the likes of Neville and scholes never used to go out when they were young and dedicated themselves to the sport, that doesn't happen anymore here.

Need to look at the French, Spanish, Italian and German leagues and try to get the next generation of great players before they sign for the likes of Madrid.

The model of buying players around 21-25 and then selling them on like spurs and Liverpool do, is the model that needs to be followed. To do this you need a scouting network around the world.

Just a feeling Zat.

Im not sure people are convinced by Dowell and when I say people I mean the people that matter at the club, also think we will sign a few people that will mean Vlasic probably goes on loan to get football.

Not convinced by Dowell myself, think he may leave on a full transfer. There's been a bit of noise about Vlasic previously, not happy with playing time, may want a move already. Loan a defo possibility, can't see him fitting in straight away tbh. Not sure he's even good enough yet tbf.

I cannot figure out what Promes does a lot better than Lookman. Kinda wonder what kind of numbers he would put up in that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back