Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot figure out what Promes does a lot better than Lookman. Kinda wonder what kind of numbers he would put up in that league.
We’re linked with him every summer since Martinez days. Carvalho story could have legs due to Silva, but I doubt we’re really pushing for Promes.

.....it’s Sunday 3rd June and here’s what’s being said in this morning’s transfer rumour columns;

- 4th Official repeat Everton links with West Ham forward, Marko Arnautovic. Calciomercato report Manchester United are in pole position to sign the Austrian international.

- 4th Official also suggest Leicester City want Norwich playmaker, James Maddison, but Everton remain favourites to sign the player. The 21 year old scored 15 goals for the Canaries last season and is valued at £20m-£25m.

- Everton and Newcastle are interested in signing Spartak Moscow winger, Quincey Promes, according to the Southern Daily Echo. The 26 year old Dutch international scored 15 goals and provided 7 assists in 25 Russian Premier League games last season.

- Swiss international winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, has told The Aargauer Zeitung that will be leaving Stoke this season amid interest from Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

- The Daily Mirror say new Everton boss, Marco Silva, has been told by Watford to forget about launching a bid for Brazilian winger Richarlison. Watford will not entertain offers of under £40m for the 21 year old and will not sell to Everton at any price.

- The Irish Mirror report Everton are weighing up a move for young Watford striker, Ryan Cassidy. The 17 year old Dubliner recently signed his first professional contract.

- The Daily Post follow reports from SkySports suggesting Sporting Lisbon are prepared to sell midfielder William Carvalho. The Portuguese international has been strongly linked with a move to Everton.

.....it’s Sunday 3rd June and here’s what’s being said in this morning’s transfer rumour columns;

- 4th Official repeat Everton links with West Ham forward, Marko Arnautovic. Calciomercato report Manchester United are in pole position to sign the Austrian international.

- 4th Official also suggest Leicester City want Norwich playmaker, James Maddison, but Everton remain favourites to sign the player. The 21 year old scored 15 goals for the Canaries last season and is valued at £20m-£25m.

- Everton and Newcastle are interested in signing Spartak Moscow winger, Quincey Promes, according to the Southern Daily Echo. The 26 year old Dutch international scored 15 goals and provided 7 assists in 25 Russian Premier League games last season.

- Swiss international winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, has told The Aargauer Zeitung that will be leaving Stoke this season amid interest from Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

- The Daily Mirror say new Everton boss, Marco Silva, has been told by Watford to forget about launching a bid for Brazilian winger Richarlison. Watford will not entertain offers of under £40m for the 21 year old and will not sell to Everton at any price.

- The Irish Mirror report Everton are weighing up a move for young Watford striker, Ryan Cassidy. The 17 year old Dubliner recently signed his first professional contract.

- The Daily Post follow reports from SkySports suggesting Sporting Lisbon are prepared to sell midfielder William Carvalho. The Portuguese international has been strongly linked with a move to Everton.
Big Willy C 's the only one on that list that remotely interests me.

Link with 3 winger.
If there’s any winger we should sign, they should be Kluivert or Lozarno.

Arna link is tedious, What’s the point of hiring Brands when Walsh is expert in signing 29years old and above on a big fat contract.

..personally, I think we will see a few ‘left field’ signings that haven’t been linked at all as yet. I suspect Silva and Brands will both have a list of targets and will now discuss those with a view to agreeing a playing strategy.

Personally I'm hoping those talks happened a long time ago. So now their in place they can both just set the wheels in motion and get on with it.

Arnautovic would be a nightmare signing, not that I think we would anyway.

I get the feeling that we’re the team being brought into the fold for Jose to be pushed into it or for him to get a new deal at West Ham.

He’s far from being a young player, he’s had 5 good games in the PL and all of the have been recently. I’d rather Vardy over him any day of the week if we HAD to go and buy another PL team’s best player but hopefully we’re past that now.
He is a good player, and should of been signed before west ham got him, at 20m would of been good value. But now he will be too expensive.

If we really want to tap in to a potential marketing money maker after the talks of increase sales through Tosun, we should take a gamble on Shoya Nakajima.

Bout as obscure a name as you can get but could have a bit of viability to it through Silva's portuguese connection.

Spent this season on loan in Portugal at a club called Portimonense in the top tier, bear in mind it's his first season outside of Japan he's scored 10 and assisted 10 in 29 games, not a bad return for a wide player in a mid table team in that league.

Been reading around and for some reason he's not been picked for Japan this World Cup which is a surprise given his form but Portimonense have activated his 4 million buy clause from the loan, from reading around it's only a matter of time till one of the bigger clubs snap him up if he continues that form.

Huge Marketability if he goes on to be a star and he's only 23.

Personally I'm hoping those talks happened a long time ago. So now their in place they can both just set the wheels in motion and get on with it.

..I think that’s the interesting bit, just whether the two of them have been in discussion for a while. I think we’ll know that if we bring in a few individuals very quickly.

It’s fairly obvious Brands and Silva have been lined up for a while but I suspect they might not have spoken much about individual targets until recently. They will also be discussing the existing squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

"Watford say they will not entertain bids under £40m for winger Richarlison, 21, and will not sell the Brazilian to Everton for any price."

lol lol lol
Dear Watford,

you gang of biffs. We've been nice enough to you over the years but you have turned in to self righteous little squealing gobswears. We, Everton football club, would like you to step the chuff away from Z Cars and get your own tune. May I suggest 'I'm a little teapot' as a good fit?

Lots of love
Everton

If we really want to tap in to a potential marketing money maker after the talks of increase sales through Tosun, we should take a gamble on Shoya Nakajima.

Bout as obscure a name as you can get but could have a bit of viability to it through Silva's portuguese connection.

Spent this season on loan in Portugal at a club called Portimonense in the top tier, bear in mind it's his first season outside of Japan he's scored 10 and assisted 10 in 29 games, not a bad return for a wide player in a mid table team in that league.

Been reading around and for some reason he's not been picked for Japan this World Cup which is a surprise given his form but Portimonense have activated his 4 million buy clause from the loan, from reading around it's only a matter of time till one of the bigger clubs snap him up if he continues that form.

Huge Marketability if he goes on to be a star and he's only 23.

...impressive loan spell in Portugal but only 14 goals in over 100 games in his native Japan might explain why the 5ft 4in winger isn’t in his country’s World Cup squad. Interesting, though.

...Bayern Munich being linked with Jordan Pickford. Also, Cardiff apparently want Oumar Niasse on a season long loan with a view to a permanent deal next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back