Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Policy should be going to try to sign the best players around 21-22 we can ones with huge potential like Lozano, Dolberg, Kluivert, maybe this lad Maddison, Tierney etc,

With the sum when they have s couple of seasons the sides improved due to them developing together, supplement that with players like Tosun, Carvalho, Coleman, Sigurdsson, who although older will still be at their peak when the younger ones develop. That way the entire squad sees that there is a long term plan that they will all benefit ultimately from commuting too.

Problem with having a group of young lads and veterans us that the 31-34 yo players know that even if it works they will be finished at that point.

He's basically the type of signing like Suarez and Salah that have kept the rs relevant, we have the agent connection to him through brands and the personal connection as brands was the one who brought him over. Really really would make such a massive difference if we signed him
Some reports in Hollands claiming we’re in for him and we’re being close to conclude the deal.

I would like to believe that, but it doesnt make sense for him. If he has a brilliant World Cup, there will be more interest for sure.

a midfield trio of Carvalho, Maddison, Ndombele will be absolutely devestating.

Carvalho the destroyer, Ndombele the box to box midfielder capable of dribbling/ball carrier, Maddison another ball carrier/number 10.

Balance, pace, power, dribbling, lots of dribbling and transition play all over the pitch.

I appreciate this might just be a pipe dream, but there is no way known we sign three central midfielders this window when other positions need filling

I appreciate this might just be a pipe dream, but there is no way known we sign three central midfielders this window when other positions need filling

Only in FM.

Not really, all 3 are within our range if we off load some of our fringe players.

Non of our midfield, absolutely non of our midfielder are capable of dribbling, this is the biggest reason why we are so predictable and so turgid going forward. Everybody passes to everybody and waiting fo somebody to make a difference. It’s no coincidence Walcott came in a have an impact straight away because he can dribble.

We need transition players. The type of players who recieve the ball deep in our half back to goal, turn and beat his marker and burst forward instantly creating a launchpad for counter attack. It may not be the 3 I mention above but if Silva is going to genuinely go for counter attacking football, player of such calibre is crucial.

Policy should be going to try to sign the best players around 21-22 we can ones with huge potential like Lozano, Dolberg, Kluivert, maybe this lad Maddison, Tierney etc,

With the sum when they have s couple of seasons the sides improved due to them developing together, supplement that with players like Tosun, Carvalho, Coleman, Sigurdsson, who although older will still be at their peak when the younger ones develop. That way the entire squad sees that there is a long term plan that they will all benefit ultimately from commuting too.

Problem with having a group of young lads and veterans us that the 31-34 yo players know that even if it works they will be finished at that point.
The other major problem is thar fans need to be patient.

Not sure ours can.

Some reports in Hollands claiming we’re in for him and we’re being close to conclude the deal.

I would like to believe that, but it doesnt make sense for him. If he has a brilliant World Cup, there will be more interest for sure.
It could also go the other way. We bought Lukaku after the last world cup simply because he didnt shine and nobody was interested. He wasnt even a flop exactly. He just didnt shine.

Yes.

Good squad option that allows us to get another centre back in too.
Green tinted glasses Tim?

Joking apart he's a very good defender in a system that defend their own box, like at WBA and NI. Has he still got the pace to play a higher line?. I know they did at United but that was years ago and he always seemed to be injured whilst he was there.

Still £3m is a steal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back