Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green tinted glasses Tim?

Joking apart he's a very good defender in a system that defend their own box, like at WBA and NI. Has he still got the pace to play a higher line?. I know they did at United but that was years ago and he always seemed to be injured whilst he was there.

Still £3m is a steal for him.

Very biased yes. But I've watched him a lot and he can defend alright. Fergie always rated him highly, and he obviously has the experience of pressure having played champions league games at United. I think he's worth considering.

His wife also works in Manchester so he's likely to be open to moving back to the NW.

.....it’s Sunday 3rd June and here’s what’s being said in this morning’s transfer rumour columns;

- 4th Official repeat Everton links with West Ham forward, Marko Arnautovic. Calciomercato report Manchester United are in pole position to sign the Austrian international.

- 4th Official also suggest Leicester City want Norwich playmaker, James Maddison, but Everton remain favourites to sign the player. The 21 year old scored 15 goals for the Canaries last season and is valued at £20m-£25m.

- Everton and Newcastle are interested in signing Spartak Moscow winger, Quincey Promes, according to the Southern Daily Echo. The 26 year old Dutch international scored 15 goals and provided 7 assists in 25 Russian Premier League games last season.

- Swiss international winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, has told The Aargauer Zeitung that will be leaving Stoke this season amid interest from Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

- The Daily Mirror say new Everton boss, Marco Silva, has been told by Watford to forget about launching a bid for Brazilian winger Richarlison. Watford will not entertain offers of under £40m for the 21 year old and will not sell to Everton at any price.

- The Irish Mirror report Everton are weighing up a move for young Watford striker, Ryan Cassidy. The 17 year old Dubliner recently signed his first professional contract.

- The Daily Post follow reports from SkySports suggesting Sporting Lisbon are prepared to sell midfielder William Carvalho. The Portuguese international has been strongly linked with a move to Everton.
I don't care if get turns out to be as good as Messi, there's no way I could sing a dong about any player named Quincy!

Dear Watford,

you gang of biffs. We've been nice enough to you over the years but you have turned in to self righteous little squealing gobswears. We, Everton football club, would like you to step the chuff away from Z Cars and get your own tune. May I suggest 'I'm a little teapot' as a good fit?

Lots of love
Everton
Reading the reports, I could only think of this in combination with Watford

Some reports in Hollands claiming we’re in for him and we’re being close to conclude the deal.

I would like to believe that, but it doesnt make sense for him. If he has a brilliant World Cup, there will be more interest for sure.

Similarly he could have a poor world cup and the type of contract money etc we'd offer won't be on the table for him afterwards.

For the player, his agent and us it's a logical move, player takes next step agent gets a big wedge and we get a good player.

Ultimately from all three it'd be seen as s stepping stone for an even bigger move in 2-3 years time which again would see all three get a massive payout.

Some reports in Hollands claiming we’re in for him and we’re being close to conclude the deal.

I would like to believe that, but it doesnt make sense for him. If he has a brilliant World Cup, there will be more interest for sure.

..these deals are lots about the agents not only acting in the best interest of their clients but also in clubs they have connections to.

He looks an exciting talent.

He is another Mirallas. Looks good for one in 5 matches. The rest of the time he coasts. His attitude is crap. Looks ok in a poor team surrounded by their poor players (West Ham and stoke) but should never be near Everton.
Disagree, was stokes best player by far and ended the season well with west ham.
Under the right manager would excel. Not really surprised morinho has been scouting him.
His 6ft4, isn't afraid to take on players and can shoot aswell.

However it's too late now anyway.

Tammy Abraham is a jarg rumour. No way would we let Niasse go and bring someone in who struggles to score. We have a youth striker who needs to develop already.

I think the twitter guy has made it up.

Still though, Tosun + another senior striker with DCL and Abraham being developed means good depth.

Never know with Abraham...his value must have halved playing for Swansea this season...was a machine at Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back