Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a new era...we dont really know yet whats 'needed'...

Abraham is 20 years old...DCL is 21.

Can you think of 3 players in the premier league of that age consistently playing and scoring?

I think we can safely say we need a CB and a CM. And a decent LB (unless Robinson is ready to start pushing baines to then take over from him mid season)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek about swapping them. Would much prefer to keep DCL.

I’m not sure Chucky is going to take the PL by storm, but for those that hate Bolasie, Lozano can play as a true winger on either side. Point being, we don’t really need Bolasie tactically with Lozano.

Fair, but his skill and intelligence makes for a very consistent player. He’s not like your typical winger that sometimes beats their man, sometimes does not. Mexico are also a passing team without tremendous size or speed per usual. He will look good me thinks. Their group is tough, but I guess he’ll have to deal with Kimmich and Lustig for Germany and Sweden if he plays out left.

Of course, I have a feeling the same thing could happen to Lucas Torriera with Uruguay.

Should try to get both signed up now tbh, torreira alongside Carvalho with Gueye as third choice, would be a very solid platform, get in Lozano and have Walcott the other side, Tosun up top with siggy playing off him, get in ozyakup to compete with Sigurdsson, would transform us going forward, Lookman, Davies, Vlasic, to provide depth.

I’m not sure Chucky is going to take the PL by storm, but for those that hate Bolasie, Lozano can play as a true winger on either side. Point being, we don’t really need Bolasie tactically with Lozano.
IF, he does sign, that would mean that Brands has worked out pretty quickly, that Bolasie is a rubber legged waste of space and surely surplus to requirements.

Hopefully one down, many more to go.

Not really, all 3 are within our range if we off load some of our fringe players.

Non of our midfield, absolutely non of our midfielder are capable of dribbling, this is the biggest reason why we are so predictable and so turgid going forward. Everybody passes to everybody and waiting fo somebody to make a difference. It’s no coincidence Walcott came in a have an impact straight away because he can dribble.

We need transition players. The type of players who recieve the ball deep in our half back to goal, turn and beat his marker and burst forward instantly creating a launchpad for counter attack. It may not be the 3 I mention above but if Silva is going to genuinely go for counter attacking football, player of such calibre is crucial.

I think Vlasic is potentially that player and better than Maddison.

There’s a difference between getting ready made players and getting ready made awful players.
And ready made players that come to Everton will not put Everton ahead of any top 6 team because we’re about 8 ready made players of that quality to be able to compete and most of that level won’t choose Everton. So it’s either we build through an actual strategy and show some patience or just keep buying whoever is willing to come and hope to win the lottery like Leicester. If we can find top quality willing to come in, obviously buy them but those players will probably be risks from places like Portugal, Holland, or Russia so we’re almost guaranteed to miss on some of them.

The top players from leagues in Germany, Italy, Spain, and even England aren’t showing up any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back