Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance

PSV would be mental to sell him before the World Cup, and after the World Cup he'll be out of our league

Would be mint but I can't see it

And ready made players that come to Everton will not put Everton ahead of any top 6 team because we’re about 8 ready made players of that quality to be able to compete and most of that level won’t choose Everton. So it’s either we build through an actual strategy and show some patience or just keep buying whoever is willing to come and hope to win the lottery like Leicester. If we can find top quality willing to come in, obviously buy them but those players will probably be risks from places like Portugal, Holland, or Russia so we’re almost guaranteed to miss on some of them.

The top players from leagues in Germany, Italy, Spain, and even England aren’t showing up any time soon.

Are you the American Zat?

IF, he does sign, that would mean that Brands has worked out pretty quickly, that Bolasie is a rubber legged waste of space and surely surplus to requirements.

Hopefully one down, many more to go.
I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I still think Bolasie isn’t completely worthless as an option off the bench to run at folks when they are beat down. If we could get 20M for him, I understand dumping him, but that’s likely not going to happen at his age. He’s also on like 80K a week, so again, dumping him would be fine.

Are you the American Zat?
Not at all. I’ve never scouted the Hungarian Second Division.

I just think a change in strategy is the only way Everton can compete at the top. We don’t have the reputation currently, nor the financial resources to compete with the top 6 for top players. It’s a fact of life. Sounds like Brands agrees given his talk of working with youth and employing an actual system within the club.

Should try to get both signed up now tbh, torreira alongside Carvalho with Gueye as third choice, would be a very solid platform, get in Lozano and have Walcott the other side, Tosun up top with siggy playing off him, get in ozyakup to compete with Sigurdsson, would transform us going forward, Lookman, Davies, Vlasic, to provide depth.
If that’s the case, you sell Gana. Someone will pay a TON for him. That’s not going to happen, though. Gana can play with Carvalho, though, he can push up the field a bit.

Gana’s an underrated passer. Funny how everyone touts Morgan as a good passer, yet Gana’s pass completion rate is about the same AND he’s been playing in more advanced positions.

If we say that Gylfi is going to be in the centre + Walcott on the right or the left then there's one starting space up for grabs.

Lets say that it doesn't go to Lookman and we sign someone else to start.

In those 3 attacking positions we would have Vlasic, Lookman, Dowell and who else as rotation options?
In my head Zat we're bringing in a wideman, Kluivert or Lozano, AND another attacking midfielder who would compete/replace Siggy. I'd prefer the Turkish lad who I think is the more complete player as of now, rather than Maddison who probably has more potential but is still a work in progress. And it would give us more cashflow for our defensive purchases. But, as I said, if we go for Maddison I wouldn't be unhappy.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I still think Bolasie isn’t completely worthless as an option off the bench to run at folks when they are beat down. If we could get 20M for him, I understand dumping him, but that’s likely not going to happen at his age. He’s also on like 80K a week, so again, dumping him would be fine.

Bolasie is a shocking shell of a player.

In my head Zat we're bringing in a wideman, Kluivert or Lozano, AND another attacking midfielder who would compete/replace Siggy. I'd prefer the Turkish lad who I think is the more complete player as of now, rather than Maddison who probably has more potential but is still a work in progress. And it would give us more cashflow for our defensive purchases. But, as I said, if we go for Maddison I wouldn't be unhappy.

I just think were not finishing 4th this season so its a perfect time to build a squad to replace most of the donkeys on our books...

The turkish chap might be good but hes not going to push us to 4th so i think we would be missing a trick not adding maddison..

Chucky and torreira are the ones i want + diop.

I just think were not finishing 4th this season so its a perfect time to build a squad to replace most of the donkeys on our books...

The turkish chap might be good but hes not going to push us to 4th so i think we would be missing a trick not adding maddison..

Who's chucky? Joey Barton?:)

What sort of player is this Lozano?

Will he unlock doors?

If there's signed him he'd fit into their system the way he plays, similar type to mane and Salah, similar qualities on the vall, pace and finishing and all.

All that based on YouTube and the fact the PSV and Mexico fans reckon he's the best they've seen for tears and cream themselves over him.

Ismaily at 28 is older than the players we should target. Unlikely he would get a work permit either. As for Arnautovic we want to buy players like him from Europe as they emerge not aged 29 after the likes of Hughes and Moyes have had their grubby mits on him. These are not the types of deal we have brought in Brands to pursue.

Not a word of this made sense to me.

If that’s the case, you sell Gana. Someone will pay a TON for him. That’s not going to happen, though. Gana can play with Carvalho, though, he can push up the field a bit.

Gana’s an underrated passer. Funny how everyone touts Morgan as a good passer, yet Gana’s pass completion rate is about the same AND he’s been playing in more advanced positions.

He’s not an underrated passer; he’s absolutely turd at it.

Don't know why your talking about 4th, were no where near

Don't know why your talking about 4th, were no where near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back