Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you ever judge gana based off of his passing? Hes a defensive player that covers a lot of ground and imo will fit in well in silvas high press team. We need to get a proper box to box cm next to him. He was one of the best dm's in europe in the 2016/2017 season.

He’s not judging him on his passing; he’s replying to a guy that thinks he’s a good passer.

Would defo take Lozano. Hopefully brands does not have a gentlemans agreement not to poach their players. This shouldn't be the case as PSV's model as I can see it is to recycle promising youngesters for massive profit.

Without seeing inside his head think brands main targets will be:

Aged 23 ish - have some experience, but room to grow, and re sell value.

At a European club where you can get better value for money and we can pay better wages than 99% of the teams. (Barca, the Madrid teams, PSG, Bayern and Juve I think are the only European teams that could out muscle us on that front).

For the above reasons I don't see any legs in Maddison. Norwich quite rightly would try to rinse us and/or start an auction. Think one of brands key kpi's will be value for money.

Why would you ever judge gana based off of his passing? Hes a defensive player that covers a lot of ground and imo will fit in well in silvas high press team. We need to get a proper box to box cm next to him. He was one of the best dm's in europe in the 2016/2017 season.
I replied to someone who said he was a good passer. Obviously we see the defensive midfield role different, to me it’s the player who sits in front of the 2 cb’s
IE. Schneiderlin or Carvalho, Fernandinho for city. Gana doesn’t play that role. But if he’s so good at it, why did we buy Schneiderlin?

Like you said he suits the high press, so to me that says box to box. And he’s not good enough for that role if we are serious about challenging the top 4 in the near future.

I’m also not convinced he’s a silva type player, who wants players to dominate possession. To me gana is a problem fir us moving forward. Not good enough technically to sit in front of the 2 cb’s and dictate the play. And offers nothing from an attacking point of view to play the box to box role. You need to do a lot more than press the opposition and win the ball back.

Just look at Liverpool I know at the moment they are ahead of us. There midfield is better than ours. And Klopp is spending 100mil on replacements because he wants better. Well so should we.

Luckily fir me as I’m not s fan. Gana is 29 and probably has 2yrs left at Everton if he’s lucky.

I replied to someone who said he was a good passer. Obviously we see the defensive midfield role different, to me it’s the player who sits in front of the 2 cb’s
IE. Schneiderlin or Carvalho, Fernandinho for city. Gana doesn’t play that role. But if he’s so good at it, why did we buy Schneiderlin?

Like you said he suits the high press, so to me that says box to box. And he’s not good enough for that role if we are serious about challenging the top 4 in the near future.

I’m also not convinced he’s a silva type player, who wants players to dominate possession. To me gana is a problem fir us moving forward. Not good enough technically to sit in front of the 2 cb’s and dictate the play. And offers nothing from an attacking point of view to play the box to box role. You need to do a lot more than press the opposition and win the ball back.

Just look at Liverpool I know at the moment they are ahead of us. There midfield is better than ours. And Klopp is spending 100mil on replacements because he wants better. Well so should we.

Luckily fir me as I’m not s fan. Gana is 29 and probably has 2yrs left at Everton if he’s lucky.

I agree with all of this; and the take on Gana. Giving him a new four year contract last year showed to me the lack of any real plan for the future. Not many offer four year contracts to players who are 28/9....two or three with an option depending on appearances etc. Protects the club if they want to take it up for the extra year depending on how a depreciating asset (sorry a current First Team Player) has performed and hopefully motivates the player.

We need to be more savvy in our transfer business, both in buying..re-negotiating on terms that suit us as well as the player and his entourage...and how we sell, especially with those young lads who will make a career in the game from our Academy, but not with us.

If we know our decision early enough, let them go to another club for a free/nominal with 12/18months to go on the contract. Insert the right options so the lads development is in a First Team somewhere at a lower level than waiting for a slot to be vacated in the u23s by the now departed Baxter/Garbutt/Henen etc....surely better for them & is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back