Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....it’s Sunday 3rd June and here’s what’s being said in this morning’s transfer rumour columns;

- 4th Official repeat Everton links with West Ham forward, Marko Arnautovic. Calciomercato report Manchester United are in pole position to sign the Austrian international.

- 4th Official also suggest Leicester City want Norwich playmaker, James Maddison, but Everton remain favourites to sign the player. The 21 year old scored 15 goals for the Canaries last season and is valued at £20m-£25m.

- Everton and Newcastle are interested in signing Spartak Moscow winger, Quincey Promes, according to the Southern Daily Echo. The 26 year old Dutch international scored 15 goals and provided 7 assists in 25 Russian Premier League games last season.

- Swiss international winger, Xherdan Shaqiri, has told The Aargauer Zeitung that will be leaving Stoke this season amid interest from Everton, Spurs and Southampton.

- The Daily Mirror say new Everton boss, Marco Silva, has been told by Watford to forget about launching a bid for Brazilian winger Richarlison. Watford will not entertain offers of under £40m for the 21 year old and will not sell to Everton at any price.

- The Irish Mirror report Everton are weighing up a move for young Watford striker, Ryan Cassidy. The 17 year old Dubliner recently signed his first professional contract.

- The Daily Post follow reports from SkySports suggesting Sporting Lisbon are prepared to sell midfielder William Carvalho. The Portuguese international has been strongly linked with a move to Everton.

I want that Irish Watford striker just to piss them off

There is absolutely no chance we are signing arnautovic. Everyone needs to chill he in no way shape or form represents wants brands will want to do.

Only mature (27+) players I could see us going for is a centre half maybe or the left back and we're talking maybe one of them. The model seems to be hungry younger players with re sell value.

Can't see us buying many older players at peak until we're at the point we've established ourselves in top 4/6. And only then one or two at a time. At that point we have a chain of youth feeding first succesfully.

On a side note noticed a couple of the social media Everton 'itk's' following James Maddison on Twitter, whether that means anything.....

Up early Eggs.

I've been doing some youtube scouting on that list.

People bounce off Carvalho, I'm in. Maddison is Beckham-esque, I'm in.

Arnie would be a joke signing at that price and age, like Koeman was still here. I wonder what that sort of overspend does to our FFP allowance anyway.

Shaquiri...I'm a bit bored with shopping from terrible teams, though he is a good player, I'm in. Promes a dribbler too, I'm in. Is there no way of getting Onyekuru back ?

Appreciate they are just rumours but we'd have to get rid of a few like Bolasie and Vlasic to make room for these.

a midfield trio of Carvalho, Maddison, Ndombele will be absolutely devestating.

Carvalho the destroyer, Ndombele the box to box midfielder capable of dribbling/ball carrier, Maddison another ball carrier/number 10.

Balance, pace, power, dribbling, lots of dribbling and transition play all over the pitch.

I cannot figure out what Promes does a lot better than Lookman. Kinda wonder what kind of numbers he would put up in that league.

Promes is really really fast, besides that Lookman for me is much more talented and way younger with potential to really kick on.

I will say this - if we really want to sign Chucky Lozano, and I think we should, we need to do it NOW before the World Cup. He's the best player on Mexico and it's not even close. It's a Scotland B-team, but he is literally destroying them no matter where he plays - outside, inside, doesn't matter. He's small, but he's SOOO smart. His positioning is excellent and his skill is unreal. Shots, passes, dribbles, even friggin headers. Just to have a couple players like him and even Carvalho that can make a pass and do it intelligently would be refreshing.

He's basically the type of signing like Suarez and Salah that have kept the rs relevant, we have the agent connection to him through brands and the personal connection as brands was the one who brought him over. Really really would make such a massive difference if we signed him

Link with 3 winger.
If there’s any winger we should sign, they should be Kluivert or Lozarno.

Arna link is tedious, What’s the point of hiring Brands when Walsh is expert in signing 29years old and above on a big fat contract.
Chill. Its paper talk. Probably 95% of it is rubbish or agent chat to generate interest.

Watch West Ham go out and spunk £40m on Anautovic. Oh!! Well you know what I mean.

He is a good player, and should of been signed before west ham got him, at 20m would of been good value. But now he will be too expensive.

He is another Mirallas. Looks good for one in 5 matches. The rest of the time he coasts. His attitude is crap. Looks ok in a poor team surrounded by their poor players (West Ham and stoke) but should never be near Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back