Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we say that Gylfi is going to be in the centre + Walcott on the right or the left then there's one starting space up for grabs.

Lets say that it doesn't go to Lookman and we sign someone else to start.

In those 3 attacking positions we would have Vlasic, Lookman, Dowell and who else as rotation options?

Dowell will not be here Zat, Vlasic probably as well.

Just a feeling Zat.

Im not sure people are convinced by Dowell and when I say people I mean the people that matter at the club, also think we will sign a few people that will mean Vlasic probably goes on loan to get football.

It doesnt really matter about the past...lets see what happens under the new regime.

Wouldnt be surprised to see both of them on loan till January. Thats if we signed Maddison and perhaps one or two others in the attacking slots.

Id be quite excited with Maddison as it shows some direction to be spending decent money on young english players...

Id like to see a few of ours in the England squads with Pickford.

It doesnt really matter about the past...lets see what happens under the new regime.

Wouldnt be surprised to see both of them on loan till January. Thats if we signed Maddison and perhaps one or two others in the attacking slots.

Id be quite excited with Maddison as it shows some direction to be spending decent money on young english players...

Id like to see a few of ours in the England squads with Pickford.

Would rather we avoided English players, the media in this country just wants to destroy them.

Would rather we avoided English players, the media in this country just wants to destroy them.

Disagree enormously.

If you look at the successful sides over the recent-ish years...

Chelsea - Terry + Lampard
RS - Carragher + Gerrard now Henderson etc
United - All the youth lads + Good English signings
Arsenal - Merson + Wright+keeper+defence
City - Barry + Milner + one or two more

You always need the English core in the squad and the best in the team.

Weve got 6 England u21 players, Kenny,Holgate, Davies, Dowell, Lookman, DCL.

A squad of 25 less 3 keepers is 22 outfield players.

If we add Onyekuru + Baningime + Vlasic to the 6 and fingers crossed Feeney and Gibson come through next then thst makes 11players.

Basically half of a squad of u21 outfield players...thats extremely impressive.

If Marcel and Silva can push them all up a level over the next season then weve done very well...

I guess we'll see by January where these playera all are development wise...

Adding Maddison and other English players to the group makes a lot of sense to me...hopefully we bring in Loftus Cheek and a couple more from the lower divisions.

Just a feeling Zat.

Im not sure people are convinced by Dowell and when I say people I mean the people that matter at the club, also think we will sign a few people that will mean Vlasic probably goes on loan to get football.

I think it's a big summer for Dowell mate. Feel a bit like Barkley when Martinez came in first summer, he was meandering and probably if Martinez didn't stick him in that would have been it. As it were he showed faith and Ross had a great season. I hope to see the same with Dowell and Silva, a similarish manager and player, who like Ross had a tendency to coast in the championship.

I know you're not a fan and I am quite a big fan of Dowell, but the links to Madisson would be worrying news for him. They can certainly both play in the same team, Madisson is quicker and more versatile, but Dowell has better quality with his left foot and I think better vision. With Sigurdsson as well, and potentially Klaassen staying as well it's a big summer for him.

He has 1 year left on a deal, and I do wonder if his agent may be looking for a move too. I think it would be a shame, for me letting him go last summer was a mistake. I know he faded and while a lot of this has to be down to Karanka dropping him and them plummeting as a result due to lack of goals, some of it is on his shoulders too. However with some of the performances this season, particularly in the first half, there is no way that Dowell wouldn't have been an improvement on it. He seemed to do very well last pre-season, and then the next day he was gone. I found it surprising as really he needed last season to be a breakthrough year.

I have no idea re Vlasic. Looked brilliant when he first broke through but then never got a look. I can see him being more involved as a young player, the type who Brands wants to create a pathway for. I can also see him being traded as a sale, or potentially going for a loan to the championship or maybe Holland. I'd like him to stay, but there are only so many young players you can accommodate at once.

I think it's a big summer for Dowell mate. Feel a bit like Barkley when Martinez came in first summer, he was meandering and probably if Martinez didn't stick him in that would have been it. As it were he showed faith and Ross had a great season. I hope to see the same with Dowell and Silva, a similarish manager and player, who like Ross had a tendency to coast in the championship.

I know you're not a fan and I am quite a big fan of Dowell, but the links to Madisson would be worrying news for him. They can certainly both play in the same team, Madisson is quicker and more versatile, but Dowell has better quality with his left foot and I think better vision. With Sigurdsson as well, and potentially Klaassen staying as well it's a big summer for him.

He has 1 year left on a deal, and I do wonder if his agent may be looking for a move too. I think it would be a shame, for me letting him go last summer was a mistake. I know he faded and while a lot of this has to be down to Karanka dropping him and them plummeting as a result due to lack of goals, some of it is on his shoulders too. However with some of the performances this season, particularly in the first half, there is no way that Dowell wouldn't have been an improvement on it. He seemed to do very well last pre-season, and then the next day he was gone. I found it surprising as really he needed last season to be a breakthrough year.

I have no idea re Vlasic. Looked brilliant when he first broke through but then never got a look. I can see him being more involved as a young player, the type who Brands wants to create a pathway for. I can also see him being traded as a sale, or potentially going for a loan to the championship or maybe Holland. I'd like him to stay, but there are only so many young players you can accommodate at once.

Im not anti-Dowell mate, I just like to meme with him and Lookman mostly.

My feelings regarding Dowell are quite neutral, its very difficult to say what will happen, I personally didnt watch him at Forest, I saw his highlights and they were very impressive, so who knows, certainly not me for sure. Hopefully Silva can turn him into a player, but and again im no Dowell or Silva expert, but would he fit into a Silva side, from the VERY little I know about both, I have my doubts.

As you say, the Maddison links, if we can call Sky Sports click baiting stories a link, but yes, they could spell danger for the lad, whilst I havent watched him, I would assume Brands and Silva have at least watched clips of him.

Basically I havent got a clue, I just have a feeling that Dowell and Vlasic are elsewhere by the end of August, based on a hunch, my record regarding hunches is quite low.

From what I've seen of Dowell at Forest he wants to play at 10.

We are over loaded there and I'm not sure he is good enough to dictate play from that position.

However he has a wonderful left foot ( but lack pace ) and I wonder if those who know his game better than me think that he could be a left sided playmaker in the Sheedy mould?

I don’t see how we can add to the squad without several people leaving first. I’d be amazed if any signing was anywhere near happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back