Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and here’s what the transfer rumour columns are saying about Everton this Tuesday morning;

- According to the Northern Echo, Everton have leapfrogged Chelsea in the battle to sign Newcastle skipper, Jamaal Lascelles, and are prepared to pay £30m for the 24 year old Centre Back.

- The Times is reporting Everton and DC United have reached a deal for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. It is now down to Rooney to agree terms with the MLS side.

- AS suggest Everton are considering a £25m move for Barcelona’s unsettled midfielder, Andre Gomes. The 24 year old Portuguese international moved to Barcelona from Valencia in 2016 but has struggled to deal with the weight of expectation at the Camp Nou.

- 4th Official pick up on Besiktas links with Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. Apparently the Turkish giants want the player on an initial 12 months loan.

- Dutch outlet, AD, suggest Everton are tracking Sporting Clube de Portugal striker, Bas Dost.

- Spanish media outlet, Mundo Deportivo, say Real Sociedad striker, Willian Jose, is attracting attention from Everton. The 26 year old scored 20 goals in 40 appearances for Sociedad last season. It is claimed the Toffees are prepared to meet the Brazilians £52.7m release clause.

- SportWitness website suggest William Carvalho is considering cancelling his contract with Sporting Lisbon due to the attacks at Alcochete last month (Sporting players attacked at their training ground). If successful that would leave the player available on a free transfer with Everton looking the most likely destination.

- Reports continue to link Everton with 29 year old Celta Vigo midfielder, Daniel Wass. The Danish international was one of the stand-out performers in Spain last season and, with a year left on his contract, could be available for £5m.

Just fully fell out of my seat.

I got indexed for saying agents have been briefed exactly that, young OB, young LCB, MF (do not be surprised if Carvalho IS seen by Silva as box-box, lost weight last season and really improved because of it), ST. Obviously lots out and some U23 in but very targeted quality over quantity approach.

Will it work? Have to wait and see but much more coordinated and professional than last summer’s supermarket sweep.

To save others the trouble..l

@orly I do doubled down because it is direct information from two agents. No idea who our specific targets are (Carvalho comment above was just a response to others) but hopeful that this summer is the one we come to look back on as the start of good times.

Bit harsh that IMO, on paper it looked like we had signed some decent players. Klaassen had just had a 20 goal season at Ajax and got to a major european final. Sandro had scored 15 in la liga and looked good at the under 21 tournament. Pickford was a great signing, Keane was very well spoke of and Iceland had just had his best season in the EPL.

Every transfer is a gamble at the end of the day.

Bit harsh that IMO, on paper it looked like we had signed some decent players. Klaassen had just had a 20 goal season at Ajax and got to a major european final. Sandro had scored 15 in la liga and looked good at the under 21 tournament. Pickford was a great signing, Keane was very well spoke of and Iceland had just had his best season in the EPL.

Every transfer is a gamble at the end of the day.

But we all knew a centre forward and the defence was a priority, however we plodded on collecting midfielders and spending half our budget on one player. I don’t think a week before the start of the season, ANYONE was convinced we were anywhere near ready.

But we all knew a centre forward and the defence was a priority, however we plodded on collecting midfielders and spending half our budget on one player. I don’t think a week before the start of the season, ANYONE was convinced we were anywhere near ready.

We signed Keane for centre half and Sandro was bought to play CF, unfortunately they both turned out very badly.

Not arguing that we bought too many midfielders though or players for the same positions. Also there was a severe lack of pace in the side.

...and here’s what the transfer rumour columns are saying about Everton this Tuesday morning;

- According to the Northern Echo, Everton have leapfrogged Chelsea in the battle to sign Newcastle skipper, Jamaal Lascelles, and are prepared to pay £30m for the 24 year old Centre Back.

- The Times is reporting Everton and DC United have reached a deal for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. It is now down to Rooney to agree terms with the MLS side.

- AS suggest Everton are considering a £25m move for Barcelona’s unsettled midfielder, Andre Gomes. The 24 year old Portuguese international moved to Barcelona from Valencia in 2016 but has struggled to deal with the weight of expectation at the Camp Nou.

- 4th Official pick up on Besiktas links with Everton midfielder, Davy Klaassen. Apparently the Turkish giants want the player on an initial 12 months loan.

- Dutch outlet, AD, suggest Everton are tracking Sporting Clube de Portugal striker, Bas Dost.

- Spanish media outlet, Mundo Deportivo, say Real Sociedad striker, Willian Jose, is attracting attention from Everton. The 26 year old scored 20 goals in 40 appearances for Sociedad last season. It is claimed the Toffees are prepared to meet the Brazilians £52.7m release clause.

- SportWitness website suggest William Carvalho is considering cancelling his contract with Sporting Lisbon due to the attacks at Alcochete last month (Sporting players attacked at their training ground). If successful that would leave the player available on a free transfer with Everton looking the most likely destination.

- Reports continue to link Everton with 29 year old Celta Vigo midfielder, Daniel Wass. The Danish international was one of the stand-out performers in Spain last season and, with a year left on his contract, could be available for £5m.

Paper talk I know I know, but lots of interesting links there to Spanish and Portugese clubs.

After what Silva said to the Echo, my guess is that we get 5 decent players.

Probably:

A left-back
Centre half
Central midfielder - probably Willt C
A winger - possibly even two depending on Lookman’s decision
Striker

We'll end up signing 4-5 players for the first team max I reckon.

On the surface looks like we need two cbs for example, reality is if we sign the right left back and one cb, then the need for another cb cb s as we should be signing ones that help cover it compliment the players around them, same with a cm,

Gut instinct would say Lozano, Carvalho, Ismaily and maybe Lascelles. Then maybe a loan for a striker or creative mid like Silva at Milan, Gomes at Barca, Hernandez at west ham etc.

Throw the for I said unto the team right now, we'd end up with something like this.

Pickford
Coleman - Holgate/Keane - Lascelles - Ismaily
Gueye - Carvalho
Walcott - Sigurdsson - Lozano
Tosun

Comfortably the seventh best side by a mile and one finally with a load of balance.

Can see Carvalho dragging. It's the same reason Napoli withdrawn their interest in Rui Patricio, they wouldn't want to mess with FIFA and their governement bodies due to the complicated contractual situation. TBH I hope we just pay a nominal fee for him and Sporting will let him go, but their president is apparently mental so he's not an easy guy to deal with.

Andre Gomes is an interesting one. He was brilliant at Valencia and he's very universal midfielder, exactly what we need IMO. He can defend, drive with the ball forward and his passing is a joy to behold. If we manage to sign him, it would be great piece of business.

I hope we sign 4 or 5 good players and leave it at that. Last season with 10 players was a farce.

My expectations are not that high this year. I just want to see some form of style and plan, and of course an improvement. 6th or 7th, and long cup runs. We aren't going to be ready for a top 4 challenge I don't think. But we have an opportunity to get back on the right track again.

A dozen or so outs with 4/5 ins is what's required.

I’m going to be patient, this year will be a learning curve for the players who stay, we will see who has improved and fits in going forward. The few we sign will add to the system Silva wants and with that I feel we will show improvement on the pitch in our style of play. I’m sure we will not finish higher than 7th, but Marcel will have a year to prepare bigger and better signings behind the scenes and that to me represents overall improvement as we’ve been in the shadows for too long without a clue how we would get better.

Can see Carvalho dragging. It's the same reason Napoli withdrawn their interest in Rui Patricio, they wouldn't want to mess with FIFA and their governement bodies due to the complicated contractual situation. TBH I hope we just pay a nominal fee for him and Sporting will let him go, but their president is apparently mental so he's not an easy guy to deal with.

Andre Gomes is an interesting one. He was brilliant at Valencia and he's very universal midfielder, exactly what we need IMO. He can defend, drive with the ball forward and his passing is a joy to behold. If we manage to sign him, it would be great piece of business.

Gomes would very much be a West Ham like signing. On paper, a great name and you think a great coup but the reality of it is: his attitude will probably stink and he’ll turn and run at the first sign of danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back