Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they're underperforming like.

None of them are what you consider good players yet, massive potential with some for sure.

Currently we have :

Holgate, Lewis Gibson, that Dennis fella from Fulham, Henry, Vlasic, Lookman, the boy Robinson who just got a call up, Tom Davies, DCL, JJK, Beni, Dowell, Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Connolly

They are just the 1s off the top of my head, now granted some of those havent really kicked on with their loans so they might possibly be punted, but are we deeming all these lads now rubbish? We must be if people wanna sign loads more yoots to replace the yoots we already have.

I reckon we should get in there early and start signing the unborn children of top footballers. Risky punts but a foetus has plenty of time to develop.

NO.

I suggest we go further.

We should kidnap Messi and Ronaldo and extract all their semen, then kidnap Hope Solo or some other footy bird and steal her eggs and grow superfotgolers in a secret lab at the top of the Liver Buildings.

NSNO

None of them are what you consider good players yet, massive potential with some for sure.

Currently we have :

Holgate, Lewis Gibson, that Dennis fella from Fulham, Henry, Vlasic, Lookman, the boy Robinson who just got a call up, Tom Davies, DCL, JJK, Beni, Dowell, Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Connolly

They are just the 1s off the top of my head, now granted some of those havent really kicked on with their loans so they might possibly be punted, but are we deeming all these lads now rubbish? We must be if people wanna sign loads more yoots to replace the yoots we already have.

Name me a better left back than sessegnon and tierney in their age group.

The list you’ve provide hardly feature the best in their respective position at their age group.

This is what it’s all about, getting the best from the global developing pool is the way to go if we have no balls to sign a 60m ready made TOP class left back.

That’s how spurs build their current squad.

Dont play fifa lad. But if you look at how sides such as spurs and er liverpool have done it correctly at the begining of tgere 'project' they went abroad, got players from outside the prem around 21-23 with a high ceiling.
Firmino, erikson, vertonghen, alli, lamela, son, can, coutinho, etc etc

Firminho was 24, erikson was 19, vertonghen was 25, alli was 19, son was 23, can was 20, coutinho was 20.

Out the 7 examples of players you used to make your point about recruiting in a 21-23 type age bracket, only 3 of the 7 would qualify

The list you’ve provide hardly feature the best in their respective position at their age group.

This is what it’s all about, getting the best from the global developing pool is the way to go if we have no balls to sign a 60m ready made TOP class left back.

Yeah I get that, but its a total lottery.

Plus that we arent the only team interested in buying the brightest and best, I mean you mentioned Spurs yourself, Chelsea love a good punt, if only to sell on for a profit, Utd are in dire need of a LB.

We need a LB now, not in a few years, we need a LW now, not in a few years, buying yoot like the 1s I mentioned, the Lewis Gibsons, the Lookmans, the Vlasic is all well and good, but Sessygone will go for 40m+, he looks a very talented player, in The Championship, Tierney will probably be cheaper, but hes playing versus Farmers every week.

Sessegnon is showing himself to be more of a winger than a left back, he's amazing going forward but not that great at the back and Tierney looks good playing in the Scottish league so it's very hard to judge how good he actually is, otherwise i think he would have been gone by now.

Dont play fifa lad. But if you look at how sides such as spurs and er liverpool have done it correctly at the begining of tgere 'project' they went abroad, got players from outside the prem around 21-23 with a high ceiling.
Firmino, erikson, vertonghen, alli, lamela, son, can, coutinho, etc etc

True but a lot of them were still surrounded by good experienced players and eased them in. Additionally a lot of them were gambles - especially Coutinho who flopped at Inter.

I'm not saying we shouldnt be doing what you say, because most of that is down to good scouting. But wouldn't snub others players over it.

Currently we have :

Just because they're potential doesn't mean they're underperforming blud! Think you need to use a different word.

NO.

I suggest we go further.

We should kidnap Messi and Ronaldo and extract all their semen, then kidnap Hope Solo or some other footy bird and steal her eggs and grow superfotgolers in a secret lab at the top of the Liver Buildings.

NSNO
It’s not an option on football manager or fifa so the virgins won’t buy into it.

It’s definitely something Moshiri should be looking into though.

Luke Shaw should be brought in.

Why? His coach at Southampton has been saying he is a terrific talent, but, to paraphrase, thick as a brick, with crap positional sense.

Would rather raid Bristol City for Magnusson, (international with Siggy), and/or Byron. Left side fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back