Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? His coach at Southampton has been saying he is a terrific talent, but, to paraphrase, thick as a brick, with crap positional sense.

Would rather raid Bristol City for Magnusson, (international with Siggy), and/or Byron. Left side fixed.
He's only 22 and I believe there is a still a quality player in there. We used to be a great place at reviving wayward careers, I believe we can do that with Shaw. Mourinho has a reputation of stunting young player's growth and getting it wrong.

I remember him coming to Goodison when he played for Southampton and he was absolutely brilliant.

He's only 22 and I believe there is a still a quality player in there. We used to be a great place at reviving wayward careers, I believe we can do that with Shaw. Mourinho has a reputation of stunting young player's growth and getting it wrong.

I remember him coming to Goodison when he played for Southampton and he was absolutely brilliant.

Not disagreeing, as in he is a decent player, but he looks heavy, PL wise anyrate, and getting a tad bored with ex United players pitching up here. Plus what the Southampton coach said. Thick. As.

The Bristol axis of Byron and Magnusson offers loads more, granted, with the jump from Championship to PL risk.

I don’t disagree, but we need 2 LB’s minimum, top teams don’t have one player in each position, they have 2 or 3
I agree, we can't keep relying on Baines, he has maybe one more season left in him. I think we should defo be looking at a replacement during the summer with Baines as backup then maybe during the winter window look at bringing in someone who can replace Baines.

I’m with you on this. Think he’d be a great signing.

Just needs a manager to believe in him. Still only 22. Recently was being raved about when he filled in for Young over 5/6 games from Jan onwards.

I like the lad, hes got something, what hes got im not quite sure of yet, I think theres more to come from the boy, but hes been poor for most of this season truth be told.
There is defo a player in there somewhere no doubt about that. I find that his problem is that he does'nt really know what he is. Midfield is a vital position on the pitch. Davies is not really a defensive midfielder as his tackling and positional play are not good enough, he's not really an attacking midfielder as his running with the ball and control and passing are not good enough. He has the energy for a box to box type player but not really the technical ability and he's not a no10 type either as he does'nt score enough goals and can't really dribble with the ball. Imo he needs a coach(rather than a manager) to come in and mould him into a position and work with him on playing in a particular postion and teach him to play to there properly.

There is defo a player in there somewhere no doubt about that. I find that his problem is that he does'nt really know what he is. Midfield is a vital position on the pitch. Davies is not really a defensive midfielder as his tackling and positional play are not good enough, he's not really an attacking midfielder as his running with the ball and control and passing are not good enough. He has the energy for a box to box type player but not really the technical ability and he's not a no10 type either as he does'nt score enough goals and can't really dribble with the ball. Imo he needs a coach(rather than a manager) to come in and mould him into a position and work with him on playing in a particular postion and teach him to play to there properly.
Agree with a lot of this, the problem is that this country & we are guilty of it too is that we play youngsters out of position to get them minutes and experience.

In fairness It’s often out of necessity central Players wide whether it be centre half’s at full back or centre forwards wide.
However we need to look at players & address the weaknesses in there games which mean they have to play out of there favoured positions, & not simply keep playing them out of position.

For all the will in the world Davies is not a number 10 or the furthest forward player in a Midfield 3 it’s simply not his game.

He is a centre midfielder box to box who is extremely comfortable taking possession of the ball under pressure currently he lacks positional Discipline & has a tendency to let runners run of the back of him.

However as you suggest coach him on this work on it. Don’t let him become another barkley & play him out of position as it’s the easiest option it will only end with another player failing to reach his true potential.

Luke Shaw may be worth a punt if the price is right...

Magnusson also a good shout...left backs for next year...

Why? His coach at Southampton has been saying he is a terrific talent, but, to paraphrase, thick as a brick, with crap positional sense.

Would rather raid Bristol City for Magnusson, (international with Siggy), and/or Byron. Left side fixed.

Not bothered how thick the lad is mate tbh, he's much better than Byron, younger, and more tested at a higher level, Byron's also played most games people gave watched him on here more as a wide left rather than a cb I'd wager.

If intelligence was a key necessity we demanded in a player then a lot of former great players wouldn't have ever played for us.

He'll look at Merson at arsenal, superb player, missing any sort of brain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back