Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me a better left back than sessegnon and tierney in their age group.

The list you’ve provide hardly feature the best in their respective position at their age group.

This is what it’s all about, getting the best from the global developing pool is the way to go if we have no balls to sign a 60m ready made TOP class left back.

That’s how spurs build their current squad.

grimaldo from benfica

Can we please have Mata? Attacking creativity from midfield would be stupendous.

mata would be great but we have the 45m pound man and have to give rooney a few games next season....also got the 24 year old ajax captain floatin around the back too

...smashing footballer. My concern is that we lack athleticism (pace, power, strength) all over the pitch and Mata would be very similar to what we have. The squad is already unbalanced.

Pretty much this mate, it's why also certain players who lack that 'athleticism' seem to be struggling badly at times, because we have too many in the team with the same weakness, you can have some in the side - and around them the pace and energy and you won't even notice their flaws, best examples are looking at Pirlo or on a much lesser extent Barry for us first Martinez season, neither had legs/pace anymore but made up for it with what they did do well, and weren't being asked to do what they couldn't

Look through our squad, Tosun and Sigurdsson aren't that fast, so need to get pace around them, Coleman and Walcott are good starts to that, but need at least another 3-4 players who for their position have pace/energy to match a good level of ability.

...smashing footballer. My concern is that we lack athleticism (pace, power, strength) all over the pitch and Mata would be very similar to what we have. The squad is already unbalanced.
Agree with what you're saying but we could still do with a little magician like mata, got no one in our squad who has the sort of brain he has who can dictate play.

For a team that spent nigh on 70 mil on 3 'number 10s' in the summer we lack creativity badly

Agree with what you're saying but we could still do with a little magician like mata, got no one in our squad who has the sort of brain he has who can dictate play.

For a team that spent nigh on 70 mil on 3 'number 10s' in the summer we lack creativity badly

Problem with a Mata is the same as problem with a lot of players we have though mate, just he's better than they are by a decent way.

Throw him into this side and yeah he's got a great brain, can thread passers like anything etc, but whose moving or making good runs to get on them?

Chelsea he had Willian, Pedro, Fabregas, Hazzard, Schurrle, Oscar to choose from, United he has Rashford, Martial, Lingaard even, had Mkhitaryan, got Pogba etc

Not including strikers on those lists as talking about just midfield movement around him and in front. thats pace and energy and players who like to get into the box and take chances.

Here he'd have who exactly, Sigurdsson (pretty slow) Rooney (can't run anymore) Davies (no goal threat) Bolasie (no brain) and then a group of untested kids like Vlasic, Lookman, 'maybe' Onyekuru if he gets a permit etc, would say only Walcott would give him anything like an option around him.

On top of my last post, i think the problem is greater than a simple 'we lack creativity', is that we lack seriously players who aid a creative player or allow them to show it.

Seriously you could stick De Bruyne into our current side, and we'd be questioning his creativity after a whilst due to his numbers and production plummeting due to having players around him who excel in marking themselves out of games by standing next to opponents and not being arsed moving.

On top of my last post, i think the problem is greater than a simple 'we lack creativity', is that we lack seriously players who aid a creative player or allow them to show it.

Seriously you could stick De Bruyne into our current side, and we'd be questioning his creativity after a whilst due to his numbers and production plummeting due to having players around him who excel in marking themselves out of games by standing next to opponents and not being arsed moving.
Agree with that, been a big problem for many years, we've lacked having a couple of intelligent ball players in the first team who can play off each other. We've signed too many cowards or Walsh has tried to moneyball it with average players.

Why it does my head in when I see people suggest signing bang average players because they 'get stuck in' or 'run about loads', swerve that, give me actual footballers that can make the ball do the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back