Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on about some jarg Brazilian kid.

Rodrigo was a young Bolton flop. I suspect another Sandro.

Couldn't be any worse than the other Rodrigo we signed quite a few years back, injured himself after a few minutes and never saw him again, if memory serves

Looking at those reports I believe you are 100% correct

Gets said all the time.

Yet we spent £45mill on a relegation threatened player. The RS bought an impressive left back from Hull who'd walk into our side. Leicester picked up an international centre half from Hull. We picked up one of our best players from Villa.

"International centre half" Harry McGuire??????????????
The lad is turbo turbo pants, watch him properly, go on i dare you!
Watch every time Leicester concede, he's no were to be seen, as hes like some mad homing device who just runs wherever the ball goes!
People have started to rate him because he uses his over sized head to bring the ball out of defence, he plays like an 12 year old on the play ground who is bigger than everyone else and plays rugby so thinks just running with it from deep works.
Always pulled out of position and ball watching!
Give me Mawson, Lascelles, Gibson even Keane over that fat head any day of the week

..possibly, but i’m not sure galactico teams would want him and don’t underestimate that Everton will play a huge salary. Saying that, he wouldn’t be on my shopping list.
I know what you mean but it really depends upon who else is coming in and who is leaving. I fear that Mr Walsh and Mr Moshiri may not have learned their lesson last year and we may see another summer of upheaval.

Gets said all the time.

Yet we spent £45mill on a relegation threatened player. The RS bought an impressive left back from Hull who'd walk into our side. Leicester picked up an international centre half from Hull. We picked up one of our best players from Villa.
Just because someone is an international player doesn't mean they are suddenly great it just shows a lack of options. I mean does that mean the San marino centre half is great because he is an international centre half? No.

I know what you mean but it really depends upon who else is coming in and who is leaving. I fear that Mr Walsh and Mr Moshiri may not have learned their lesson last year and we may see another summer of upheaval.
While I would love Mata here ( I can’t see any of the Sky 6 signing him and the top 4 in Spain won’t want him ) I feel it’s money that could be better spent in other areas
CB, LB , LM CM are all pressing needs.
Signing Mata would push Siggy out wide left and I’d prefer to see Siggy stay central and a pacey LM brought in or Lookman given a chance there
Although an attacking midfield trio of Walcott Mata Siggy with Tosun up front does look good on paper , if a bit slow

While I would love Mata here ( I can’t see any of the Sky 6 signing him and the top 4 in Spain won’t want him ) I feel it’s money that could be better spent in other areas
CB, LB , LM CM are all pressing needs.
Signing Mata would push Siggy out wide left and I’d prefer to see Siggy stay central and a pacey LM brought in or Lookman given a chance there
Although an attacking midfield trio of Walcott Mata Siggy with Tosun up front foes look good
I broadly agree, I would just love to see some genuine creativity in the middle of the park. It's been ages since we had a player like that but I agree that he wouldn't fit with the rest of our squad as it is. We need real power and pace out wide, Walcott is a great start and if we had a player like him on the other flank and a box to box type midfielder to play alongside Gana then I think we could accommodate a player like Mata. That's all pie in the sky though as the powers that be would have to give Gylfi and Rooney less playing time (both of whom have done fine this season, I'm not digging them out) as well as signing those other players which is not very realistic.

I broadly agree, I would just love to see some genuine creativity in the middle of the park. It's been ages since we had a player like that but I agree that he wouldn't fit with the rest of our squad as it is. We need real power and pace out wide, Walcott is a great start and if we had a player like him on the other flank and a box to box type midfielder to play alongside Gana then I think we could accommodate a player like Mata. That's all pie in the sky though as the powers that be would have to give Gylfi and Rooney less playing time (both of whom have done fine this season, I'm not digging them out) as well as signing those other players which is not very realistic.

Would be good to get a young Mata with something to prove, a bit like we did with Arteta. The Mata trying to make his name at Chelsea was brilliant, we don’t need another player looking for a fair wedge and sn easy retirement though. There must be loads of players on the continent at top clubs not getting a chance who would love to be the conductor of a premier league midfield. Our treatment of Sandro and Klaassenn may well put these talents off though.

Exactly
We have a very unbalance squad and it’ll take a couple of years to get it back in shape.
We have no back up for Walcott
We loaned out Bolassie back up , Lookman
We’ve no back up for Baines
No box to box midfielder with power and pace never mind a back up.
To play Mata you would need as you said genuine pace and quality on both flanks and a box to box midfielder to run beyond Mata with a holding midfielder bending him
Walsh and Koeman have a lot to answer for

PS A Ross Barkley type of player with a footballing brain ( which Barkley sadly lacked ) would be ideal in our midfield

Would be good to get a young Mata with something to prove, a bit like we did with Arteta. The Mata trying to make his name at Chelsea was brilliant, we don’t need another player looking for a fair wedge and sn easy retirement though. There must be loads of players on the continent at top clubs not getting a chance who would love to be the conductor of a premier league midfield. Our treatment of Sandro and Klaassenn may well put these talents off though.
That's what Walsh is supposed to be doing (I think, I'm not sure anybody really knows his job description!). That approach will only work with a progressive manager though. Someone who has a sensible plan for introducing raw, young talent and spends time with them when they are not in the team helping them understand what is required of them. Our current and previous manager both seem to have had an out of sight out of mind approach to players (of all ages) not in the first team squad.

Exactly
We have a very unbalance squad and it’ll take a couple of years to get it back in shape.
We have no back up for Walcott
We loaned out Bolassie back up , Lookman
We’ve no back up for Baines
No box to box midfielder with power and pace never mind a back up.
To play Mata you would need as you said genuine pace and quality on both flanks and a box to box midfielder to run beyond Mata with a holding midfielder bending him
Walsh and Koeman have a lot to answer for

PS A Ross Barkley type of player with a footballing brain ( which Barkley sadly lacked ) would be ideal in our midfield

Dembele?

Not a fan then Chris?

There’s something about shaw which doesn’t sit right, whether his attitude or ability to take orders. And after seeing how right Mourinho was about Morgan Schniderrat I’d be reluctant to take another “big club” failure

I’m sure Gravy Train Steve has a list of left backs somewhere, probably next to his list of strikers

I watched the Marseille v Lyon game on Sunday and the more I see of both Ferland Mendy (we were linked heavily and Lyon bought him for less than 5m) and Jordan Amavi (on the Villa team that Gana was but rebuilt his career), the more I want to smack Sam for saying there's no suitable left backs. He and Walsh's only saving grace could be if Antonee Robinson is now highly regarded enough to save a spot for him next season.

I watched the Marseille v Lyon game on Sunday and the more I see of both Ferland Mendy (we were linked heavily and Lyon bought him for less than 5m) and Jordan Amavi (on the Villa team that Gana was but rebuilt his career), the more I want to smack Sam for saying there's no suitable left backs. He and Walsh's only saving grace could be if Antonee Robinson is now highly regarded enough to save a spot for him next season.
I’m not sure Robinson is a good enough defender or ever will be at prem level. Seems to be good going forward, from some of the bits I’ve seen from Bolton fans.

I’m praying Sam & Walsh aren’t involved in next summers transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back