Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with a Mata is the same as problem with a lot of players we have though mate, just he's better than they are by a decent way.

Throw him into this side and yeah he's got a great brain, can thread passers like anything etc, but whose moving or making good runs to get on them?

Chelsea he had Willian, Pedro, Fabregas, Hazzard, Schurrle, Oscar to choose from, United he has Rashford, Martial, Lingaard even, had Mkhitaryan, got Pogba etc

Not including strikers on those lists as talking about just midfield movement around him and in front. thats pace and energy and players who like to get into the box and take chances.

Here he'd have who exactly, Sigurdsson (pretty slow) Rooney (can't run anymore) Davies (no goal threat) Bolasie (no brain) and then a group of untested kids like Vlasic, Lookman, 'maybe' Onyekuru if he gets a permit etc, would say only Walcott would give him anything like an option around him.
;)

Shaqiri, Rodriguez, Rondon, Hegazi, Evans, Gibbs, Tadic, Ward Prowse, Shawcross (yard dog needed).

Just off the top of my head who are far better than the likes of Bolasie, Schniderlin, Keane, Jags, Williams, Niasse.

And straight to the championship you go! Johnny Evans maybe Tadic, but he has had a very gash season - others just uber gash!

And straight to the championship you go! Johnny Evans maybe Tadic, but he has had a very gash season - others just uber gash!

Gets said all the time.

Yet we spent £45mill on a relegation threatened player. The RS bought an impressive left back from Hull who'd walk into our side. Leicester picked up an international centre half from Hull. We picked up one of our best players from Villa.

Everyone went mad when we didn't sign him.

I think he's very hit and miss. But he's a massive step up from Bolasie.

Hugely overrated, and we talk about Luke Shaw having the biggest belly, plays well once every Preston guild, no thanks!

Bolaise improved later in the second half and because of his direct running, and cut inside it opened up for the first goal, although offside. Needs to keep playing Bolaise until the end of the season and then make a call then if he will ever be good enough/fully recover from injury

I personally think that the jury is still out on him after the injury, but a lot of people dislike him just because of his price tag, plus he drives you insane because he cannot keep it simple (thus being more effective)

We dont need 2 LBs, 1 will do, we still have Baines yano, granted he not getting any younger but hes shown the last few games he still has something to offer IMO.
What about that lad at Hull we were all over at one time. Cheap too. What happened to him!

Firminho was 24, erikson was 19, vertonghen was 25, alli was 19, son was 23, can was 20, coutinho was 20.

Out the 7 examples of players you used to make your point about recruiting in a 21-23 type age bracket, only 3 of the 7 would qualify

Firminho date of birth 2nd Oct 91, transfer 23rd June 15 (makes him 23) if you are pulling hairs
Erikson was born 14th Feb 92, moved to spurs 30th aug 2013 (makes him 21)
Emre Can date of birth 12th Jan 1994, moved to liverpool 3rd July 2014 (makes him 21)

...smashing footballer. My concern is that we lack athleticism (pace, power, strength) all over the pitch and Mata would be very similar to what we have. The squad is already unbalanced.

Even if he became available there would be at least 5 teams he would choose ahead, can’t believe people still think we shop in this market. We had to pay £45m for a player who is not even close to Mata’s Level.

Even if he became available there would be at least 5 teams he would choose ahead, can’t believe people still think we shop in this market. We had to pay £45m for a player who is not even close to Mata’s Level.

..possibly, but i’m not sure galactico teams would want him and don’t underestimate that Everton will play a huge salary. Saying that, he wouldn’t be on my shopping list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back