Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thought that has to go into what our next move must be huge.

If we hadn’t had a PE teacher overseeing our future last summer I imagine the idea for this summer would to add 1-3 players of top class quality and shift a few on.

Seen someone say we can’t get a champs league quality squad together in one season which is understandable but we can’t spread this over 3+ years as they better players we have will get fed up and move on, basically what’s happened over the last 10 years imo.

Good luck Marcel this is a huge task and I hope you get all the tools you need to do job as am not 100% convinced you will.

Last edited:

So are hundreds of academy kids. Not sure how they view a player as first teamers. Player like Tarashaj.

Hes 23 years old, we paid a decent fee for him and hes taking millions of us a year in wages, how the hell isnt he a first team player?

You cant just not include people cos they are rubbish, if they have a first team contract, they are a first team player.

You should try watching him play, has decent pace not quick but he will be fine, Saturday showed that when he was running through the middle running past the Mexican midfield and has improved all round as a player over the year. Already a good player with a wand of a left foot, shows great touches and can pass well.

He is hesitant in pressing, but I think he can be taught how to do that properly.

I don't know why some people are so eager to put down young players that have come from the academy. If they're not good enough they won't make it, but a least let them have a proper go at it.
I have watched him...He,s very sheedyesque....problem is even the great Kevin Sheedy would struggle in this league. He is not strong enough to be a box to box midfielder, nor quick and skilful enough to run at defences and unlock them. He showed in the 2nd half of the season at Forest he couldn’t really cut it. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see the likes of him and Davis and even DCL kicking on to the point they help propel us to top 6. We all want a team of academy lads to do well and take us places but Dowell and Davis ultimately will play very few games and ask to leave, as good as some of us think they are...they’re really not...would they get into Chelsea team?,,,Arsenal’s?...Tottenham’s?....because that’s where we should be aiming. Rueben Loftus-Cheek can’t even get a game for the 5th placed team and he’s twice the player Dowell is.Good he maybe...but good enough, I sadly think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back