Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is june the 11th and most of what you have posted is pure conjecture.

I am not attacking you (sorry if you feel like that) I just HATE it when fans only see negatives despite the positives. Literally twisting every element of our club and finding fault with it. It is weird.

Starting to think hes 1 of them yano.

I hate the way people make edgy statements and then say they are getting bullied, its the internet for Gods sake, if words on a screen hurt you, close the browser.

"Slum it" He's signed for a Premier League club he would have more money to spend in the championship than at PSV.

Look I cant be bothered with replying to everyone so I'll reply to you - its a WC Cup year and the transfer window shuts earlier, half or more of the league have already signed players or have irons in the fire yet we seem to be "assessing the squad" - that for me is a red flag when coupled with Brands comments on Moshiri not bankrolling us this summer because I've heard that crap too many times from EFC over the years when we would suddenly start signing players once a few outgoings are confirmed.

As I said previously its all well and good attacking me but I guarantee the same "unbeliever" shout was directed at anyone on social media who dared question appointing Steve Walsh, or signing the club "legend" Rooney, or signing the likes of Klaassan and Keane.

Im open minded as a Blue and do think the club will try and improve, however if after the last disaster season the club think appointing Silva and waiting around for 2-3 bargain price signngs post WC is making the league sit up then they are mistaken.

I'll be honest if we weren't going to massively improve this summer window then I would have honestly kept Alladyce as manager as atleast know we have 8/9th sealed for next season.

I was happy to appoint a risk appointment like Silva on the basis of us making big moves in the market and I honestly cant see us doing anything of note.

Utd have a "poor season" they go splash £50 million on a brazilian star

Leicester have question marks over the defence so go out and spend £25 million on a full back and Evans for a bargain fee

West Hams owners under scrutiny so they appoint a proven manager and go into the market (although I wouldnt trust the dildo brothers as far as I could throw them)

You then have the likes of Liverpool and others trying to improve and get business done yet we have had arguably the worst season in terms of expectation to what was ultimately delivered from the club, manager and players yet we are "assessing" the likes of Davy Klaassan and Leighton Baines - im sorry not good enough.
I think it is a little blinkered saying they have seen the players and should know who needs to go? Thye have seen the players playing for fat probably know the no-hopers, but there are many others who might be able to work to their style, they would deffo need to run the rule over most of them?

I agree with you that i dont think we will be spending shedloads, but i dont necessarily think that is what we need right now anyway. We need to divine a style and a strategy, see who can’t / won’t fit into that style, then move accordingly. I think we have to write this season off as far as challenging for anything is concerned and just be happy if we see better football while we develop a winning squad?

Please can someone show me or point me to brand's coment that moshiri wont bankroll purchases, i must gave missed that somehow.

Not reading into what he said, a specific statement, please.

Please can someone show me or point me to brand's coment that moshiri wont bankroll purchases, i must gave missed that somehow.

Everton spent £150m last summer plus a further £40m on players in January for a desperately poor return. Asked whether Moshiri would make similar funds available this summer, Brands replied: “No. First of all we need to offload players to raise money [to spend], and also salary-wise. But it’s not only a money thing. Of course money is important but also, for a coach, it is not workable to start with 38 players in your squad. We have to look for a squad Marco can work with and I think there always has to be space for young players to come to the first team.

“That has to be, let’s say, 25-30 players. Now there are 38 and a lot are not young any more. They are players who have arrived. We have to be honest when we take the decision with these players. Do they have prospects here at Everton? Some of the conversations will not be nice but I think Marco must start with a squad that everyone is eager to play for and has prospects to play.”

I think a comment he made has been taken way out of context. He, (Brands) said something along the lines of, "You cant have an owner bank rolling window after window. We have to have a sustainable youth development plan"

My words, not his. But that was the gist of it. Hard to disagree really.

It maybe June the 11th but we likely wont make a signing until the WC has ended and if said target has a good tournament you then have rival clubs and agents dragging deals on for more money etc. We are foolish not tieing up 1-2 key areas of the starting 11 that need improving early doors.

For me it'll be another transfer window of "going to deadline day" when im sick of us not having a window where the business is done early and the manager has had the chance to properly have a decent pre season with the side.

Im optimistic as they come when it comes to EFC but I havent felt excited by anything the club has done so far. Silva was a risk appointment, Brands I like but the love in is daft when people had the same hard on for Walsh at the beginning (and his comments havent been the most optimistic in terms of an exciting summer of change) and no news whatsoever about potential incomings other than murmours of a kid from Norwich when we already have a handful of potential kids in the squad.

Hopefully we get it right but I think people need to question the club and not let our guards down by 1-2 appointments off the field. :pint2:

Mate, we have just hired a new, world respected DOF to help us avoid ALL of what you said above. Why do you think we signed him? What do you think he will be doing? Nothing?

We definitely won't be spending big this summer, and it won't be any surprise

We had our chance last year to spend a lot of money and we spent it on plop

It's actually a little surprising how restrained the level of rage is towards Koeman and Walsh - because IMO they've set us back 5 years

If I bumped into either of them in the street i'd be very tempted to push them under a bus

So its interpretation. He wont fund 190 milion (or cant be expected to) but he does not say he wont fund anything.

I'd expect The squad to be reduced, on that basis funds will be made available is an equally likely interpretation.

Squad will be reblanced im sure top of the list will be a cm who can dictatae the ball in the middle, then add cb lb maybe the mexican lad at psv if brands wants him enough and maybe a cf if niasse goes

So its interpretation. He wont fund 190 milion (or cant be expected to) but he does not say he wont fund anything.

I'd expect The squad to be reduced, on that basis funds will be made available is an equally likely interpretation.

Its just common sense, we have a 38 player squad, something @davek and his ilk is currently starting to question, laughable. But yeah, any fool can see we need to offload, our wage bill is massive and we have players earning massive money and doing nothing.

Its really not sustainable to keep things how they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back