Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Chance...Dowell has all the speed of a racing slug and the dynamism of a scarecrow...too much of a luxury player to carry in the new era of pressing football and fast attacks...if he wasn't an ex a Acadamy lad no one here would give a crap
You should try watching him play, has decent pace not quick but he will be fine, Saturday showed that when he was running through the middle running past the Mexican midfield and has improved all round as a player over the year. Already a good player with a wand of a left foot, shows great touches and can pass well.

He is hesitant in pressing, but I think he can be taught how to do that properly.

I don't know why some people are so eager to put down young players that have come from the academy. If they're not good enough they won't make it, but a least let them have a proper go at it.

As much as I would like to sign Maddison I think it's more worrying that we have to wait until we sell Rooney before we can even think of signing him. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

WOW, I am amazed at how you could have come to this conclusion. I mean, Marcel and Marco would really have come here to our bargain basement club?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!????????!?!!!???!?!
If moshiri wanted to go big he could of done.
plenty of managers out there better then silva and plenty of dof better then brands.

If west ham had signed those two we would of been saying the fans will be protesting again soon, and there going to go down.

I said it before ill say it again, there small time. its the kind of thing you would expect mike ashley to do so he doesent have to spend money

Its just common sense, we have a 38 player squad, something @davek and his ilk is currently starting to question, laughable. But yeah, any fool can see we need to offload, our wage bill is massive and we have players earning massive money and doing nothing.

Its really not sustainable to keep things how they are.
I'm not questioning it, I'm on board with the cull. But I say also that it has to be a VERY well organised plan of purchasing the right players and making sure that the academy is capable of sufficient supply.

All told I'm going t be patient. Let's see where this takes us. I like the coach and I think he'll do well here. But let's call a spade a spade: this is Moshiri's Everton drawing in its horns and throwing out all the vision they had of breaking through the glass ceiling. They were hopeless at taking the one financial shot we had at that and now we all live with an Everton that is back to sell to buy with a bang.

If moshiri wanted to go big he could of done.
plenty of managers out there better then silva and plenty of dof better then brands.

If west ham had signed those two we would of been saying the fans will be protesting again soon, and there going to go down.

I said it before ill say it again, there small time. its the kind of thing you would expect mike ashley to do so he doesent have to spend money
Cant argue with the manger but who are the dof better than brands who is rated highly in the ditch league and been linked to chelsea several times

It maybe June the 11th but we likely wont make a signing until the WC has ended and if said target has a good tournament you then have rival clubs and agents dragging deals on for more money etc. We are foolish not tieing up 1-2 key areas of the starting 11 that need improving early doors.

For me it'll be another transfer window of "going to deadline day" when im sick of us not having a window where the business is done early and the manager has had the chance to properly have a decent pre season with the side.

Im optimistic as they come when it comes to EFC but I havent felt excited by anything the club has done so far. Silva was a risk appointment, Brands I like but the love in is daft when people had the same hard on for Walsh at the beginning (and his comments havent been the most optimistic in terms of an exciting summer of change) and no news whatsoever about potential incomings other than murmours of a kid from Norwich when we already have a handful of potential kids in the squad.

Hopefully we get it right but I think people need to question the club and not let our guards down by 1-2 appointments off the field. :pint2:

Im gonna say no on this one.

I'm not questioning it, I'm on board with the cull. But I say also that it has to be a VERY well organised plan of purchasing the right players and making sure that the academy is capable of sufficient supply.

All told I'm going t be patient. Let's see where this takes us. I like the coach and I think he'll do well here. But let's call a spade a spade: this is Moshiri's Everton drawing in its horns and throwing out all the vision they had of breaking through the glass ceiling. They were hopeless at taking the one financial shot we had at that and now we all live with an Everton that is back to sell to buy with a bang.

Lets call a shovel a shovel instead, we have LOTS of players on our books, we need fewer.

Its honestly not even hard to grasp.

Its as if its okay for us to go over 40 players if we just cant happen to sell ours. And that FPP doesnt exist for now having the salaries of 40 players.

SELL TO BUY MATE, SKINT ARENT WE.

38 players? How...unless you include the like in Browning, Galloway, Pennington, and Tarashaj etc as first team players. Most of them will be gone soon.

Lets call a shovel a shovel instead, we have LOTS of players on our books, we need fewer.

Its honestly not even hard to grasp.
I'm not even arguing the case against!

Let's just agree to agree that I got this austerity trend spot on (again) and you were behind the curve (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back