Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a summer transfer window, everybody gets transfer fever, I get it, it happens every summer.

But why people cant use a little bit of logic, 39 first team players on our books, 39 players who we pay in excess of 120m a year in wages, we can only "name" 25 of them.

It's unbelievable that we've ended up in this situation TBH

Did none of us consider this 'squadbloat' when we were hoovering up all the bang average players from various European leagues? Everything seemed so bloody rosy at the time

It's unbelievable that we've ended up in this situation TBH

Did none of us consider this 'squadbloat' when we were hoovering up all the bang average players from various European leagues? Everything seemed so bloody rosy at the time
Koeman and Walsh pulled our pants down big time, that`s why.

Walsh was ultimately clueless, seemingly with no check and balance with his purchases.

Koeman was exposed as a clueless dud, who always had an eye, on the glittering prize at Barcelona.

These two combined, is the reason for why we find ourselves with " squad bloat "

If moshiri wanted to go big he could of done.
plenty of managers out there better then silva and plenty of dof better then brands.

If west ham had signed those two we would of been saying the fans will be protesting again soon, and there going to go down.

I said it before ill say it again, there small time. its the kind of thing you would expect mike ashley to do so he doesent have to spend money
There is a reason why Brands is so well respected across europe. We aren't Real Madrid, we can't attract the best of the best. Brands has done wonders for PSV and you're already writing him off before hes even made a signing. As for West Ham, they could never attract a Marcel Brands to join their shambles club. They signed Pellegrini, a manager who has only done well when he's had an unlimited budget at his disposal. I am really glad we never went for pellegrini as he is a dinosaur and has been in the Chinese league finishing mid table.

I have watched him...He,s very sheedyesque....problem is even the great Kevin Sheedy would struggle in this league. He is not strong enough to be a box to box midfielder, nor quick and skilful enough to run at defences and unlock them. He showed in the 2nd half of the season at Forest he couldn’t really cut it. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see the likes of him and Davis and even DCL kicking on to the point they help propel us to top 6. We all want a team of academy lads to do well and take us places but Dowell and Davis ultimately will play very few games and ask to leave, as good as some of us think they are...they’re really not...would they get into Chelsea team?,,,Arsenal’s?...Tottenham’s?....because that’s where we should be aiming. Rueben Loftus-Cheek can’t even get a game for the 5th placed team and he’s twice the player Dowell is.Good he maybe...but good enough, I sadly think not.
I think he showed in the first half he could cut it. He was their stand out player, but playing 50 games in one season compared to what 15 games for the u23's is a vast difference and maybe he tired? That was the same as Joe Williams who started off well at Barnsley, but their fans were saying he looks tired and he eventually got injured, Connolly and Robinson had strong finishes but they weren't in the team for most of the first half of the season.

He wouldn't get into the Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs sides, but he wouldn't get in ours ahead of Sigurdsson, but playing him off the bench and in cups will help him progress as a player. He's technically good enough just needs to be helped into a good enough player for us and those teams.

Mate, we have just hired a new, world respected DOF to help us avoid ALL of what you said above. Why do you think we signed him? What do you think he will be doing? Nothing?

He's a good DOF who I rate highly myself however this league is a totally different ball game than Holland and for all the scouting and bargain signings (which he'll no doubt aim for) we still have to sign proven quality alongside those 1-2 scouting signings and that costs money in the current market. Even foreign signings now are going for daft fee's - Fekir £55 million, Allison - £80 million, Willian Jose £50 million.

I fear the fans are just happy we have a bloke who has a decent track record of finding bargain diamonds when we still have to go out and spend big (and wisely) to do anything in this league.

Anyone expecting EFC to sign 5x £10 million players who'll all be £50 million quality just isnt realistic and shouldn't be accepted if we want to achieve anything higher than 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back