Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How big actually is our squad, compared to other teams in the league? Can anyone be arsed to do some research? Coz I can’t.

It's deeper than a team like Liverpool I mean they'd have been done for if they had an injury list like ours over the last couple of years, but our main problem is that the first choice player isn't top class and then fourth choice is hardly any worse.

There's a massive chunck of okay players in our squad, 20 okay players plus five good ones and about five championship standard players.

I blame FIFA

You can’t even manage a 38-player squad in FIFA, they all start asking to be sold. The magic number as it is in real life is 25-30. Your first team, your backups, and a few prospects who get occasional game time. Everyone else should be on loan, in the academy, in the U23s, or sold.

You can’t even manage a 38-player squad in FIFA, they all start asking to be sold. The magic number as it is in real life is 25-30. Your first team, your backups, and a few prospects who get occasional game time. Everyone else should be on loan, in the academy, in the U23s, or sold.
I’ll take your word on the FIFA thing
But I agree on the 25/30 thing
With no Europe I’d settle on the lower end of the scale

How many of the bums are close to their contracted end? Any of them we can just lash straight into the bin?
Only Robles, and a few U23s.
At the end of next season, Baines, Williams, Jagielka, Stekelenburg, Browning and Rooney are out of contract.
Season after that, Niasse, Tarashaj, Garbutt, Martina, McCarthy, Funes Mori and Galloway are out of contract.

Vídeo on the echo detailing our top 10 earners.

Mirallas - £70k p/w
Williams - £75k p/w
Bolasie - £80k p/w
Schneiderfraud - £120k p/w
Rooney - £160k p/w

What did you do Steve? Why did you hate us so?
Half a million pounds a week every week on that lot
Think about it , half a million pounds every bloody week , that’s criminal negligence of the highest order
Not one of those should be in our starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back