Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torreira has a 25 million EURO release clause.

Activate NOW.

He would be the one id most want as a DM. Not the biggest but hes got the lot.

He’s already said he wants Valencia and they’ve smacked a €50m bid in for him. In lots of foreign papers that. He’s miles better than Lozano IMO.

What makes you say hes miles better? Is that bid confirmed? Seems huge for Valencia....

Doucoure
Willy C
Sigurdsson

That’s my attainable top class midfield 3.

That's a 'good' midfield, but when you say 'top class', which of the top 6 has a worse midfield?

not a chance guedes is miles better than lozano

Agreed.

I’m sure Brands knows a couple of foreign 22/23 yr olds who are just as good if not better and who would cost the same if not less.
I’d prefer to give Vlasic a run of games before we bought Maddison

The key to the Maddison signing is that he adds to the young English core of players...Pickford, Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Baningime, Dowell, Lookman and DCL. 8 players there which really allows for growing a winning culture.

That's a realistic (well, Watford wouldn't sell to us I'd imagine) and good midfield

Though in fairness, if we did get Doucoure don't think there'd be any need for Carvalho. He basically covers the two roles in one (box-to-box and adds the power/height).

So, if Doucoure was signed (or similar)who would you partner him with?

Wouldn't be suprised if Andre Silva (Milan) was on the list.

22 years old, good technical skills, good goal scoring record in Portugal and Europe but hasn't enjoyed Serie A.

Available.

Yeh, so, Brands just left a job where he was god and had a settled family and other job offers from big clubs apparently, to slum in at L4!!

Also, Silva has not had the job since last year,that is complete waffle. We tried, failed and moved on.We tried other managers before big sam, we were not approaching them saying, yeh, you got the job til next summer cos marco is incoming.

Utter tosh.

as for you comment "I refuse to believe neither can see at the minimum a new LB and CB are required." It has been SOOOOOOO obvious we have been looking at left backs, cm's and mf's and forwards, just chill, it will happen.

"Slum it" He's signed for a Premier League club he would have more money to spend in the championship than at PSV.

Look I cant be bothered with replying to everyone so I'll reply to you - its a WC Cup year and the transfer window shuts earlier, half or more of the league have already signed players or have irons in the fire yet we seem to be "assessing the squad" - that for me is a red flag when coupled with Brands comments on Moshiri not bankrolling us this summer because I've heard that crap too many times from EFC over the years when we would suddenly start signing players once a few outgoings are confirmed.

As I said previously its all well and good attacking me but I guarantee the same "unbeliever" shout was directed at anyone on social media who dared question appointing Steve Walsh, or signing the club "legend" Rooney, or signing the likes of Klaassan and Keane.

Im open minded as a Blue and do think the club will try and improve, however if after the last disaster season the club think appointing Silva and waiting around for 2-3 bargain price signngs post WC is making the league sit up then they are mistaken.

I'll be honest if we weren't going to massively improve this summer window then I would have honestly kept Alladyce as manager as atleast know we have 8/9th sealed for next season.

I was happy to appoint a risk appointment like Silva on the basis of us making big moves in the market and I honestly cant see us doing anything of note.

Utd have a "poor season" they go splash £50 million on a brazilian star

Leicester have question marks over the defence so go out and spend £25 million on a full back and Evans for a bargain fee

West Hams owners under scrutiny so they appoint a proven manager and go into the market (although I wouldnt trust the dildo brothers as far as I could throw them)

You then have the likes of Liverpool and others trying to improve and get business done yet we have had arguably the worst season in terms of expectation to what was ultimately delivered from the club, manager and players yet we are "assessing" the likes of Davy Klaassan and Leighton Baines - im sorry not good enough.

Wouldn't be suprised if Andre Silva (Milan) was on the list.

22 years old, good technical skills, good goal scoring record in Portugal and Europe but hasn't enjoyed Serie A.

Available.

I'm a fan, said we should go for him in Jan...not sure why hes not done it in Italy...

"Slum it" He's signed for a Premier League club he would have more money to spend in the championship than at PSV.

Look I cant be bothered with replying to everyone so I'll reply to you - its a WC Cup year and the transfer window shuts earlier, half or more of the league have already signed players or have irons in the fire yet we seem to be "assessing the squad" - that for me is a red flag when coupled with Brands comments on Moshiri not bankrolling us this summer because I've heard that crap too many times from EFC over the years when we would suddenly start signing players once a few outgoings are confirmed.

As I said previously its all well and good attacking me but I guarantee the same "unbeliever" shout was directed at anyone on social media who dared question appointing Steve Walsh, or signing the club "legend" Rooney, or signing the likes of Klaassan and Keane.

Im open minded as a Blue and do think the club will try and improve, however if after the last disaster season the club think appointing Silva and waiting around for 2-3 bargain price signngs post WC is making the league sit up then they are mistaken.

I'll be honest if we weren't going to massively improve this summer window then I would have honestly kept Alladyce as manager as atleast know we have 8/9th sealed for next season.

I was happy to appoint a risk appointment like Silva on the basis of us making big moves in the market and I honestly cant see us doing anything of note.

Utd have a "poor summer" they go splash £50 million on a brazilian star

Leicester have question marks over the defence so go out and spend £25 million on a full back and Evans for a bargain fee

West Hams owners under scrutiny so they appoint a proven manager and go into the market (although I wouldnt trust the dildo brothers as far as I could throw them

You then have the likes of Liverpool trying to improve and get business done yet we have arguably the worst season in terms of expectation and we are "assessing" the likes of Davy Klaassan and Leighton Baines- im sorry not good enough.

The likes of Liverpool.

Utd have a "poor season" they go splash £50 million on a brazilian star

West Hams owners under scrutiny so they appoint a proven manager and go into the market (although I wouldnt trust the dildo brothers as far as I could throw them)

You then have the likes of Liverpool and others trying to improve and get business done yet we have had arguably the worst season in terms of expectation to what was ultimately delivered from the club, manager and players yet we are "assessing" the likes of Davy Klaassan and Leighton Baines - im sorry not good enough.

But it is june the 11th and most of what you have posted is pure conjecture.

I am not attacking you (sorry if you feel like that) I just HATE it when fans only see negatives despite the positives. Literally twisting every element of our club and finding fault with it. It is weird.

But it is june the 11th and most of what you have posted is pure conjecture.

I am not attacking you (sorry if you feel like that) I just HATE it when fans only see negatives despite the positives. Literally twisting every element of our club and finding fault with it. It is weird.

It maybe June the 11th but we likely wont make a signing until the WC has ended and if said target has a good tournament you then have rival clubs and agents dragging deals on for more money etc. We are foolish not tieing up 1-2 key areas of the starting 11 that need improving early doors.

For me it'll be another transfer window of "going to deadline day" when im sick of us not having a window where the business is done early and the manager has had the chance to properly have a decent pre season with the side.

Im optimistic as they come when it comes to EFC but I havent felt excited by anything the club has done so far. Silva was a risk appointment, Brands I like but the love in is daft when people had the same hard on for Walsh at the beginning (and his comments havent been the most optimistic in terms of an exciting summer of change) and no news whatsoever about potential incomings other than murmours of a kid from Norwich when we already have a handful of potential kids in the squad.

Hopefully we get it right but I think people need to question the club and not let our guards down by 1-2 appointments off the field. :pint2:

Italy have loads of good defenders though.

So, maybe, he's not that good ?

Some players just don't suit some leagues.

Schevchenko brilliant in Italy, useless here.
Bergkamp a donkey in italy, brilliant here.
Forlan a donkey in the PL and brilliant in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back