Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowell > Maddison
No Chance...Dowell has all the speed of a racing slug and the dynamism of a scarecrow...too much of a luxury player to carry in the new era of pressing football and fast attacks...if he wasn't an ex a Acadamy lad no one here would give a crap

What exactly are you basing that on?

First full season last year, previously played in Scotland and League One. First ever England appearance was with the U21's last year too.

He'll be 22 in November so not exactly a youngster.

Would rather someone else take a chance on him and we go out an buy a proper creative midfielder.

I'm basing on having seen him play and knowing there's a lot of hype around him. I have only seen him a handful of times though. Also work with a Norwich fan who raves about him.

He's definitely got that guile/turn of pace that Ross first had when he came through. He's got the talent. Just because he didn't have the international recognition doesn't mean he's crap. Plus, 21 is young. It's ludicrous to say it isn't.

But I don't think we need that type of player. Not even sure we need a creative midfielder as a priority either.

We have Gylfi, and Dowell - who is like Maddison in playing style I think. The priority should be someone to add some physicality and power to the midfield imo.

The Sky Sports Transfer Centre had a big section on us and Maddison without any mention of a paper. Does that make it more credible than normal? Didn’t even say “Sky Sports News understands...” either.

What exactly are you basing that on?

First full season last year, previously played in Scotland and League One. First ever England appearance was with the U21's last year too.

He'll be 22 in November so not exactly a youngster.

Would rather someone else take a chance on him and we go out an buy a proper creative midfielder.

If 22 isn’t a youngster in football then I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back