Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends...im not talking about Kante level players who have the experience in the league.

What im saying is that we need the right blend of quality...if we are talking about three players in the centre who can all pass the ball well and/or can (or be coached) move into triangles and press...

Sigurdsson, Gana, Dowell, Davies, Baningime and Vlasic will save us a fortune on fees...

Torreira has a £22mil release clause...
Bruno Fernandes just cancelled his contract
Maddison may be fantastic £25mil
Cristante wouldnt cost over £30mil

There are some very astute purchases which could be made without splashing huge money...we just need to aim for the right ages to develop further into a really strong midfield.

Torreira / Fernandes / Cristante wouldnt cost a huge amount and all are top quality players.
Christante has gone to Roma

I guess Pickford is the only player the press can wind us up about this summer - wasn't it Bayern the other day ?

Sell him before he fluffs an England goal and drops down to Robert Greens level.

He's actually a better defensive or box to box midfielder in my opinion.

Can play anywhere in midfield...Class.
What makes you think he would be better in both those roles?

Defensively Siggurdson is very reliable (he stopped Martina from getting skinned all season) and has a great range of passing. Not a good ball carrier but I've not seen that in Fernandes' game either.

Looks like he's gone Roma now anyways!

Looks like we're going to have to be patient during this window. Very patient.
We've been put on notice sales will drive incoming signings. Moving players on 'good' salaries out isn't going to be easy. World Cup in the way now. It's all going to happen for us late July early August.
I'm expecting a decent percentage of our outgoings to be loan deals, and the first 2 or 3 games of the season to be a team selected from players we have now (those who remain).

It depends...im not talking about Kante level players who have the experience in the league.

What im saying is that we need the right blend of quality...if we are talking about three players in the centre who can all pass the ball well and/or can (or be coached) move into triangles and press...

Sigurdsson, Gana, Dowell, Davies, Baningime and Vlasic will save us a fortune on fees...

Torreira has a £22mil release clause...
Bruno Fernandes just cancelled his contract
Maddison may be fantastic £25mil
Cristante wouldnt cost over £30mil

There are some very astute purchases which could be made without splashing huge money...we just need to aim for the right ages to develop further into a really strong midfield.

Torreira / Fernandes / Cristante wouldnt cost a huge amount and all are top quality players.

Well Cristante has gone to Roma so keep up. But still, how is that midfield better than Carvalho, Doucoure and Sigurdsson?

It’s not all about age you know.

Well Cristante has gone to Roma so keep up. But still, how is that midfield better than Carvalho, Doucoure and Sigurdsson?

It’s not all about age you know.

Aye this.

The midfield you've named there would get destroyed in the Prem @Zatara

Bruno Fernandes is a great player, but a natural central midfielder he is not.

Yes, he could slot in to a 4-3-3, but his best work is operating around the striker, not pulling the strings from deep as such (as someone like Torreira can).

I always start a career mode on FIFA, sign all these wonderkids with 85+ potential but then realise it’ll take me a fair few seasons to get them there.

So instead my average team rating is like 68 and Burnley are nobbing 6 past me at home.

You can probably see how that can be translated into real life.

We've been put on notice sales will drive incoming signings. Moving players on 'good' salaries out isn't going to be easy. World Cup in the way now. It's all going to happen for us late July early August.
I'm expecting a decent percentage of our outgoings to be loan deals, and the first 2 or 3 games of the season to be a team selected from players we have now (those who remain).

Transfer window closes a week before season starts

...here’s Tuesday morning’s Toffee transfer tit-bits;

- According to The Northern Echo, Everton are turning their attention to Middlesborough defender, Ben Gibson, amidst fear of getting into a bidding war for Newcastle Centre Back, Jamaal Lascelles.

- The Liverpool Echo report that irregular betting movements have caused bookmakers to slash their odds on Jordan Pickford moving from Everton to Manchester United. The goalkeeper is now 4/5 to move to Old Trafford.

- The Daily Mirror say Wayne Rooney’s move to MLS is about to be confirmed after Everton Manager, Marco Silva, made it clear he does not want him.

- The Guardian suggest Norwich playmaker, James Maddison, is seen as Rooney’s replacement and Everton are poised to make an offer for the 22 year old.

- The Daily Mirror reckon Everton have put a move for Sporting Lisbon midfielder, William Carvalho, on hold whilst the player battles with his club over his contract. SkySports say Carvalho is one of a number of players looking to break their contracts after they were attacked at their training ground by up to 50 masked fans.

- Portuguese newspaper, Record, suggest Everton and Newcastle target, Das Bost, is another of the Sporting players looking to cancel their contracts and the striker might be available on a free transfer.

- TalkSport continue to link Everton with Manchester United’s out of favour Centre Back, Victor Lindelof. The Mirror say Marco Silva has prioritised a £35m move for the 23 year old Swedish international.

- According to A Spor, Trabzonspor midfielder Okay Yokuslu is about to sign for Celta Vigo in a deal that would cost £7m. Everton were linked with the player just 2 days ago.

- Turkish outlet, Hurriyet, report Davy Klaassen’s loan move to Besiktas is now in doubt with the Turks baulking over how much the player might cost.
Only way Pickford goes to United is them giving us Lukaku back and money on top.

Leaving things very late there. Transfer window closes 9th August this year - need to be making our moves now with no fannying around or panicking come August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back