Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because he is a giant step down from DeGea?
There is no chance they go for him as anything but a backup.
BS i'll say, no offence. De Gea is best keeper in the world. Anyone after De Gea is downgrade. Pickford is Englands number one, young, packs endless potential..
Im so Proud of Pickford and I hope he stays and I believe he will.

BS i'll say, no offence. De Gea is best keeper in the world. Anyone after De Gea is downgrade. Pickford is Englands number one, young, packs endless potential..
Im so Proud of Pickford and I hope he stays and I believe he will.
Im sorry, but being Englands nr 1 isnt a stamp of high quality anymore, and United wouldnt have problems getting a better keeper. I like Pickford, but too much is put on him being a promising british keeper. Had he been just as good but from Greece or something, people would see him a little more objectivly. He made big blunders for us last season and, if anything, him being Englands nr 1 should be a little worrying for you guys.

Im sorry, but being Englands nr 1 isnt a stamp of high quality anymore, and United wouldnt have problems getting a better keeper. I like Pickford, but too much is put on him being a promising british keeper. Had he been just as good but from Greece or something, people would see him a little more objectivly. He made big blunders for us last season and, if anything, him being Englands nr 1 should be a little worrying for you guys.

He made more point-winning saves than blunders, though.

He's an excellent young goalkeeper. Has a lot to improve upon though, definitely.

Will help if he has a better defence in front of him.

Just been reading about this. Have to go for Carvalho and Dost once they are released. I’ve spoken about dost being a bit older and whether I reckon he could adapt to the PL but well worth a punt if he is on a free.
I’d be going after Martins as well. All 3 of them would improve us if they managed to adapt.

BAS DOST IS ABSOLUTE PONY

I agree

Genuinely think Tosun is a much better striker because he has more to his game than Bas Dost

If we're going to sign another striker, it should be someone who is a bit different to what we have currently - someone maybe in the Jamie Vardy mould, quick and able to stretch a defence

Transfer window closes a week before season starts
Yes mate, I know it does. Didn't express that that correctly there. I just think outgoings/signings will be made in the last two weeks of the window. So its unlikely any signings will be put straight into the team for (lets say) the first 2 games. The old "they need time to settle", or "they need extra week or two after being in the world cup" etc etc.
Ideally, they're all settled in a week or two before the 1st game of the season, but we've been saying thar for years.

Leaving things very late there. Transfer window closes 9th August this year - need to be making our moves now with no fannying around or panicking come August.
I agree mate. That should be the aim. But, if we have to shift a number of players first, I can see plans being held up.
Ideally we'd buy now, and get rid of deadwood at the end of the window. But, I'm of the impression our new management team want some outgoings first (free up wages etc).
If they can shift some out early on and get targets in between now and end of July I'll be well happy (and impressed with Brands).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back