Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just using my 'young team' as a reference above;

Pickford/New player/Stekelenburg
Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate/Keane -- Diop/Jagielka -- Robinson/Baines
Fernandes/Maddison/Davies -- Torreira/Gana/Baningime
Sigurdsson/Dowell/Vlasic
Martins/Lozano -- Tosun/DCL -- Walcott/Lookman
Squad of 26 players

New Keeper - Up to 10mil
Diop (Toulouse) 26mil EUR / 23mil GBP
Torreira (Sampdoria) 25mil EUR / 22mil GBP
Maddison (Norwich) 25mil GBP
Fernandes (Sporting)
Martins (Sporting)
Lozano (PSV) 25mil EUR / 22mil GBP

Total cost = 92mil + Keeper + Fernandes and Martins.

Approximate cost in sales = 90mil

Depending on whether Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins become free agents we would be around breakeven.

Any Sporting Lisbon player that does eventually leave on a free transfer will be able to command a large signing on fee ( 10m plus ) and / or big wages as they know their true market value.
There are agents behind this and they will want their pound of flesh as well

Looks like we're going to have to be patient during this window. Very patient.
We've been put on notice sales will drive incoming signings. Moving players on 'good' salaries out isn't going to be easy. World Cup in the way now. It's all going to happen for us late July early August.
I'm expecting a decent percentage of our outgoings to be loan deals, and the first 2 or 3 games of the season to be a team selected from players we have now (those who remain).
Transfer window for incomings closes before season starts.
Outgoings only and only to non English clubs allowed till end of August

Allison , Courthois , Donnaruma ( sp) the lad at Athletico Madrid would all be more likely targets for United.
In my opinion if Courthois leaves Chelsea it’ll be for one of the Madrid clubs as that’s where his family is

Yeh I can see Courtois going Real Madrid this summer.

Sandro is a target for Espanyol, apparently.

They've just sold Moreno to Villarreal for 20mil Euros.

Doubt they could afford his wages, like, or that Sandro would be interested in joining Barcelona's local rivals...

We do have a very big squad but it really is not all down to reckless spending by our recent managers.
The summer of 2017 saw us buying more players than any other time but the January before that we saw the biggest cull of players than ever before I think something like 16 players were moved out in a month.

Our squad has swollen so much largely because we have a very good academy and because we signed a few very promising youngsters who have done better quicker than expected.
We signed Lookman, Vlasiv, DCL and Holgate as young lads and all of them played in the first team within twelve months.
From our own academy we have produced Kenny, Davies, Baningime who have all played in the first team Dowell and Connolly can be added to that list as a stand out talents.
I am ignoring young players like Penningtom, Browning, Robinson, Wiliams and Galloway

It is a colossal number of players to come through in such a short space of time and would create a problem for any club and any manager.
You can't play them all together yet they are too good to simply release or sell for a pittance.
When the size of the squad is talked about we must remember that probably a dozen have come from within in a two year period.

From the purchases of 2017 we probably want to get rid of no more than Rooney, Sandro,Martina and maybe Klaasen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back