Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never in love with Fellaini, I think he lacks mobility and is very poor at tracking runners. I do think he is a quality player though. He's excellent at defending corners, can be a very good attacking outlet and adds some steel to the midfield. On a free transfer, he would be an excellent signing!
Always thought he was better playing off the front man, his performances in the middle where very patchy

Spine of Smalling, Mori, Fellaini, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Tosun next season lads.

Easy top 4 material.

Reactions: FTY
What about Browning? Galloway? Robinson? Dowell? Beni?

We have these young guys who have talent. So exhausted from buying mediocre players for loads of money. Rather play more the youngsters and build upon that.

Just going back to the MU rejects. Tim Howard, Phil, Blomquist, okane, Norman, Andre, Gibson, Hughes (Wayne) without thinking too hard. We could probably name an 11.

Smalling, Jones, Shaw would ALL improve our defence and I do not envisage top European players wanting to come here. Not yet.
Just saying.

Sell Schneiderlin 15m, get Felli for free. No-lose situation. He'd be a superb addition for 2/3 years, no doubt about it.

If we could offload Schneiderlin for actual money, then use that for a creative midfielder and also poach Fellaini, our centre-of-the-field options would be smashing: Rooney, Davies, Gueye, Fellaini, creative midfielder, Beningime... all that just for a domestic season of one game per week. In a year's time we offload Rooney and decide if Davies is going to make it or not, and get another passer in and we're looking great.
I’d rather take Wilshire on a free, a d buy a very good defensive midfielder. Maybe carvalho from sporting Lisbon?
Selling schneiderlin & besic would pretty much cover the cost.

I’d rather take Wilshire on a free, a d buy a very good defensive midfielder. Maybe carvalho from sporting Lisbon?
Selling schneiderlin & besic would pretty much cover the cost.
There we go. Schneiderlin and Besic gone for 20m, Wilshire and Fellaini in on a free, maybe total 5-10m in signing on fees. Spend 20m on a new centre back from abroad (Mr Brands will find one) and we've spent net 10m and sold two useless players and got three very useful ones in.

Haha... you're forgetting that Fellaini will be our number 10 with Sigurdsson out left and Walnut out right. Roonaldo next to Gay in midfield.

Fellaini as a 10? Christ, he’s like the anti 10. All that money spent on Klaassen Siggurdson Vlasic to end up with Fellaini on a free up there to launch balls at.

No no no, demand better.

Jones is an excellent defender, but there would also have to be money spent on cover due to his poor injury record. I'd also take either or both of Wilshire and Ki on a free. Throw in Nasri, too.

Shaw will end up going to Tottenham, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back