Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takes graft that.

If you took one player, linked him for a decent amount of time and got a few others to play along with ya then you'd get it in at least one of the papers.

Think Mooms or someone did it a few years ago with a striker from Stoke.

Kenwyne Jones.

I also aspire to name every half decent prospect in the world so if they ever come good I can vault myself.

I’ll never ever forget that. It got to the point where Kenwyne himself heard about the rumour and handed in a transfer request to try and force the move. Absolute peak internet that’ll never be topped.

He ended up signing for Cardiff.

It’s horrible, but hopefully come the start of the season there’ll be light at the end of the tunnel.

Imagine how we’d all be feeling if Allardyce was still here.

I think I’d be packing watching footy in for good.

It's funny how last season we wanted to sign everyone in sight, now we just want to sell everyone.

Shows that we'll never get anywhere by signing a mass amount of players in random positions.

I’ll never ever forget that. It got to the point where Kenwyne himself heard about the rumour and handed in a transfer request to try and force the move. Absolute peak internet that’ll never be topped.

He ended up signing for Cardiff.

I was, for some reason, thinking of Salif Diao but aye I remember now. Absolutely incredible scenes.

No, not at all.
I was pointing out we should have gone for him when he was at Ajax, and that having a Dutch coach (incoming) could and should have given us some help in that aim. Unfortunately Spurs did what we should have and snapped him up.
You could have just read the post as it was intended rather than trying to be smart.

Maybe we were in for him but he wanted to join Spurs. Maybe we didn’t bother for that same reason.

Just seemed an odd player to have picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back