Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son would be great but he's got too much of a good thing going on at Spuds. He ain't their number one striker or winger, but he plays plenty of games as they've been in four competitions this season and will be in four again next one.
Plus Spurs make a mint off of him in S. Korean merchandising. That lad is going nowhere (plus all the novelty handshake thing would get on my nipples!)

I agree. Would be nice for us to buy sensibly too. Players who are young and have a resale value (incase they dont work out). And not just spunk money on crap like Williams
Williams was not crap when we bought him. he was solid for Swansea and wales. Maybe we should be looking at the defensive coaches more.

Players we need are a;
LB Shaw, Chilgwell or Bryan
CB Mawson, Blind or Mee
CM Ramsay, Cook or Docoure
LM Shaqiri or Richardlson
ST Jay Rodriguez or Vardy

Get rid of
Sketlenberg/Robles
Cuco
Williams
Schneiderlin
Bolasie
Sandro
Klaassen
Besic/McCarthy
This is a truly amazing list of absolutely medicore and expensive players only playing in England.

Doucoure is one of my favorites, but in general, how about we just buy a couple really good players instead? We don't need a left sided midfielder/striker, we've got Lookman and Bolaisse, one of which will be a legit starter in the PL under a better manager and Onyenkuru. Bolaisse can also play both sides and is a true winger, which we do not have so I'd keep him just to come off the bench and run at folks.

Mawson/Blind/Mee are just awful to mediocre. The average CB in England is just horrid, honestly. Johnny Evans isn't bad, but think we can look outside of England for one. If we want to deal with pressing teams like Man City and Liverpool, our CBs have to be able to pass the ball.

Williams was not crap when we bought him. he was solid for Swansea and wales. Maybe we should be looking at the defensive coaches more.
I still prefer a signing that has most of his career ahead of him. Apart from obviously having a resale value there is the more import point that they still have their career ambitions to achieve.

I cannot help but feel that Ashley Williams just has not had the same appetite for football since securing his last big pay day at Everton. It is also the risk with Theo Walcott once the opportunity to go to the world cup is decided... although in his case I don't think so.
Tosun is younger and you feel a player who profile is still rising in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back