Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take Wilshere on a free. Not a position we vitally need, but he’s certainly talented and when a player like that becomes available you should go for them.

Now then, I should make it clear, that I don’t think Wilshere is that bad a player, but I just don’t think he’d be worth the wage he would definitely demand.

That and I can’t cope with idiots calling him Wiltshire every single time.

That M'Baye Niang we've been linked with for about 5 years looked good for Senegal yesterday. Strong, fast and direct.

Pretty sure Marco signed him for Watford too.

Also, wouldn't Bournemouth be pulling out the stops to get him in if he was that great.

Just feels like one if those players that will have potential forever and never really show it regularly enough to matter.

Still, I'd have him over Schneiderlin and Klaasen if he can stay fit.

Wilshire is a must-buy.

Probably a 5-million signing fee. Sell Klaassen and give Wilshire his salary.

He's a <20m player any day of the week.

Initial two-year deal, option of a third.

Now then, I should make it clear, that I don’t think Wilshere is that bad a player, but I just don’t think he’d be worth the wage he would definitely demand.

That and I can’t cope with idiots calling him Wiltshire every single time.
Getting into a wage war with West Ham and them getting him on £160k pw would amuse me if I’m honest.

He’s been around close to 10 years now, how haven’t these people worked out his name yet?!

Considering Kenwright is involved in some capacity in transfer negotiations and continues to do so under his role of Chairman I would say concerns of the pace of securing transfers are very valid - especially when every half decent player post WC will have their agent stalling deals trying to get maximum interest and fee's from rivals clubs.
You are wrong

If we were a London club we'd have a shot but let's be real, it's about money first and foremost and I don't see us paying a sick note like him 150k a week. He'll probably do a Barkley and go to Chelsea for the money so he can be loaned out for the next 5 years. Expect both of them to be in the same West Ham side at some point

Gueye sitting in front of defence, Wilshire as our creative player, and a steady calm head next to him which is likely to be Schneiderlin tbh. If he could regain form, that'd be a good central midfield as long as we use our wingers well. That said, we need a second creative midfielder because you simply cannot count on Wilshire to play 38 games, yet you cannot pass up the chance to sign him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back