Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ashley wants to stick around.
It is going to be so hard to shift all this deadwood on mental salaries
Side note - If this was Klaassen everyone would be saying "what a great attitude"

Same as Klaasen mate, eighty odd thousand reasons to stick around.

We`ve faced this problem, since the moment it became obvious, that Walsh / Koeman had brought in a load of over paid duds.

Unfortunately they have contracts that have to be honoured one way or another.

Williams will probably go out on loan with the loanee paying half his salary or something like that. Unless someone is daft enough to buy him.

Hes only got a year left so it’s no big drama.

Williams will probably go out on loan with the loanee paying half his salary or something like that. Unless someone is daft enough to buy him.

Hes only got a year left so it’s no big drama.

..I dare say the club will let him go for little or nothing meaning a hefty signing fee to compensate for the salary drop.

Rumours that Spurs have their eye on Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon. (Currently on loan from Amiens but according to wiki they have option to buy for E8m which is ludicrous).

We should be all over this. 21, 6ft BTB midfielder, fantastic ball carrier with an eye for a pass. Probably cost around £25m I'd have thought. Would play in a midfield 3 with Geuye and Siggy. Pace and dribbling skills to burn.

Better than Doucoure IMO, a lot cheaper, younger, and he doesn't play for Watford. Would fit Marco's system perfectly.

Echo saying Lozano available at £30m. That sounds good in current market too.

All we need then is Bernat at left back and a boss left sided CB (Upamecano in my prayers) and that's a boss summer on the buying side.
Surely Ndombele will go to Lyon then. No chance would he choose us over them or Spurs anyway

Big Ashley wants to stick around.
It is going to be so hard to shift all this deadwood on mental salaries
Side note - If this was Klaassen everyone would be saying "what a great attitude"

Think there's a clear difference between Williams and Klaassen mate.

While I'm sure Klaassen likes his fat wedge, he also has something to prove. He's 25, used to be Ajax's captain and has suffered the first major set back of his career, while also losing his place in the national side. He played just over 10 games last season.

Williams played going on for or more than 30 games, was abysmal (bar one or two decent displays around Christmas) and got himself sent off against Burnley. Even Sam - even Sam! - didn't play him or get him in the squad after that. He's also 33.

..apparently it’s via the outlet we refuse to mention on this site. Everton and Southampton interested in the £18m rated midfielder.

I have no opinion, just an observation that he is talented and slow.
They call me Billy, not silly! Wasn't mentioning it.

Having said that, Huddrsfield have just signed a Midfielder...

Surely Ndombele will go to Lyon then. No chance would he choose us over them or Spurs anyway
Lyon will buy him and turn a quick profit.

Player will earn at least double the wages in the premier. Its also a step up in standard (the league I mean before you kick off).

He'd be going to Spurs as Dembeles long tern replacement. He wont get any promises there but he'll walk into our team.

I can understand why people on here think we'll find it hard signing established top class players but ffs. Some of these young prospects will jump at the chance to come here under a young manager that gives youth a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back