Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Christ. That has to be a false sum
Why. We paid £10m for him and turned him into a better defender in so far as he was Argentinian fort choice until his injury. Only lack of fitness kept him out of the world cup. Player values have at least trebled since we bought him.

£17.5m is quite cheap and probably reflects the act he is recovering from a serious injury. His game is suited to Spain and I think he'll do well. In 12 months people will be asking why we sold him.

£17.5m, if true, is win win for all concerned.

Why. We paid £10m for him and turned him into a better defender in so far as he was Argentinian fort choice until his injury. Only lack of fitness kept him out of the world cup. Player values have at least trebled since we bought him.

£17.5m is quite cheap and probably reflects the act he is recovering from a serious injury. His game is suited to Spain and I think he'll do well. In 12 months people will be asking why we sold him.

I wouldnt call it cheap.

Its defo at the higher end of robbery for me.

He’s literally as crap now as he was when we got him. In fact probably worse after his injury.

It’s a mental fee for a player of his ability.

Defo something not right with all this like.

First he gets linked to some Mexican team for 9m, then Boro for 5m, nothing from any of the decent sources and then blammo, 17m to Vilalallalaallareal.

What a world.

Only Sporx(????) reporting it though, unless I'm mistaken?

Defo something not right with all this like.

First he gets linked to some Mexican team for 9m, then Boro for 5m, nothing from any of the decent sources and then blammo, 17m to Vilalallalaallareal.

What a world.
What,not even the Fox told you he was going,and told you to keep quiet about it

He’s literally as crap now as he was when we got him. In fact probably worse after his injury.

It’s a mental fee for a player of his ability.
That’s what baffles me the most Ijj. We haven’t seen him much since the injury, so we don’t know quite where he’s at in regards to fitness/health. I take it Villarreal wanted a specific type of defender (one that is dominant in the air and can attack set pieces rather than one that is known for defending). Madness either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back