Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a big fan of Chilwell. I think Leicester would want a fortune like Celtic would for tierney. I would still go for shaw, who with a year left would probably be cheaper. He’s had his problems but i think he’s a real talent.

Shaw is clearly very unprofessional so it's a huge no from me. He should ashamed walking onto the field carrying that much weight. Can't have modern footballers who can't do the basics of looking after themselves.

..well that would be a leap of faith thinking he’ll turn out the same. I’m sure there are better 20 year old LBs on the planet.

I’m not a big fan of Chilwell. I think Leicester would want a fortune like Celtic would for tierney. I would still go for shaw, who with a year left would probably be cheaper. He’s had his problems but i think he’s a real talent.

Have massive reservations about Shaw me. Some comments recently from his coaches at Southampton were a bit worrying.

..not certain of Shaw, either, if i’m honest. Saying that, it doesn’t matter what I think. I just want a DoF who picks players to fit a strategy.

Luke shaw eats 2 large kit kat Easter Eggs for his breakfast, at Xmas.

Chilwell is as overrated as can get.

Chilwell -- Looks similar to how Baines was at the same age.
Tierney -- Plays in Scotland :o
Shaw -- Could be amazing and could be dreadful
Sessegnon -- A bit too young but seems fine further up the pitch
Arana -- Brazils u20 left back, linked with us...looks class...signed for Sevilla

Any other good ones around the same ages?

Tierney -- Plays in Scotland :eek:
Arana -- Brazils u20 left back, linked with us...looks class...signed for Sevilla

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, we could buy an older 1????

Jetro Willems, Ali Adnar, Lima, Phillip Max.

You know, use our extensive scouting system to buy a LB who actually LBs.

Chilwell reminds me of Garbutt (when he had a bit of a run in Martinez's second season) - a player who Everton gave up on once it became clear that simply sending him out on loan wasn't going to be enough to iron out his defensive weaknesses.

He looks a fine footballer, but I'm not sure that this is the right club for him.

...i’ve never understood the hype with Chilwell, always seems a very rash defender to me and he was very poor against us at Goodison recently.

Because he was one of those players who developed massively on football games and was given the massive hype pretty much before he'd ever played for Leicester as the next big thing and Baines mark 2 etc, then he played and anyone with eyes could see he's just a decent left back.

Certainly never seen anything that made me remotely think he was gonna be anything than the level he is playing at right now really.

Then again Crewsell constantly gets talked about as being a good player, when he is IMO anyway absolute rubbish, and already 28? so ain't getting any better

Like him or not, Shaw at 17 was a mile better than either of those two lads will ever be, so worth a punt in compassion.

Conversely, I think we only need 5 players to push towards 6th...

Chilwell looks very strong for England u21s and wasn't good against us but seems to do well against everyone else.

5 players Zat, really?

bviously depends who the 5 players where doesn't it, if messis, ronaldo, sergio ramos and such then yeah you'd be right, IF however we are still living on planet earth then no mate we need much more than 5 players of the calibre we could currently attract

Shaw is clearly very unprofessional so it's a huge no from me. He should ashamed walking onto the field carrying that much weight. Can't have modern footballers who can't do the basics of looking after themselves.
CpQ3LngW8AArrYc.jpg

Tierney -- Plays in Scotland :eek:

Sorry mate but i'm guessing you knowing that Chilwell looks very similar to Baines at the same age is utter bollocks, given until 21 Baines was playing in lower leagues with Wigan and they'd maybe been shown on telly a couple of times max that first season up for Wigan. also pretty sure you didn't make a mental note of how Baines looked 13 years ago for future comparisons sake

Shaw just needs to go to a club where the manager has a more nuanced style than simply bullying his players until they either comply or leave.

..yep, I like Mawson. The only point I would make is that we need somebody rapid back there, i’d swap Mawson for Keane now but I still think we need a top athletic CB.
Hopefully Holgate could be this. I rate him the highest out of our younger players in the first team atm. I think he will be class in a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back