Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
An England u21 international first choice for club and country OR a player whose had a career threatening injury and is berated by his manager every week not to mention slated by his former coaches...

Decisions decisions...

Ah yeh funny, didn't see him last night this first choice England left-back...

Not sure either why it's a Chillwell vs Shaw debate anyway. More left-backs out there thankfully.

I'm sure I'm a minority here, but given his contract, age, experience, and ability, I'd be perfectly happy if he was one of our first summer signings. Same goes for Wilshere or Ramsey. They're actual footballers which we badly lack.
Think we're just too narrow minded looking at players. It's like Steve Walsh is just playing a real life game of FIFA

Think we're just too narrow minded looking at players. It's like Steve Walsh is just playing a real life game of FIFA
Fair. But I'd but just fine with a two sided approach. Get some players you know can play at a high level in this league like those mentioned above and then go grab some foreign talent and hope they adjust quickly. Regardless of what you think about Smalling, he's been a constant for United for over 5 years. Wilshere and Ramsey would link our midfield so much better than it currently is.

An England u21 international first choice for club and country OR a player whose had a career threatening injury and is berated by his manager every week not to mention slated by his former coaches...

Decisions decisions...

Mate it's 2018, breaking your leg isn't a career threatening injury anymore for a player, especially one at a top club whose still relatively young.

Is he 100% first choice for Lecieter btw, pretty sure him and Fuchs have been rotating out in that position, even so - wow he is first chocie for Leicester - it hardly proves anything really given they are generally a bit tosh all round, starter for the under 21's - cool, then again we have about 4 players who start for it, one being DCL - who has shown he isn't that good really this season hasn't he?

BTW weren't you defending Barkley - a player berated frequently by his manager and who had been slated by former coaches etc? How does that differ to what you said about shaw?

I'm sure I'm a minority here, but given his contract, age, experience, and ability, I'd be perfectly happy if he was one of our first summer signings. Same goes for Wilshere or Ramsey. They're actual footballers which we badly lack.
He's wank

He had one (very) good season under LVG and everything he's done prior or since proves that was an anomaly

Scouting team needs to branch out a bit ffs why Chris Smalling

Fair. But I'd but just fine with a two sided approach. Get some players you know can play at a high level in this league like those mentioned above and then go grab some foreign talent and hope they adjust quickly. Regardless of what you think about Smalling, he's been a constant for United for over 5 years. Wilshere and Ramsey would link our midfield so much better than it currently is.
I think it's currently a gamble to think that players who can and have played in the Premier League are going to fit right in. We bought like 8 players last summer, 5 from the Premier League thinking "we know they can perform here!" and we are just terrible.

Because England U21's were playing...

Mate it's 2018, breaking your leg isn't a career threatening injury anymore for a player, especially one at a top club whose still relatively young.

Is he 100% first choice for Lecieter btw, pretty sure him and Fuchs have been rotating out in that position, even so - wow he is first chocie for Leicester - it hardly proves anything really given they are generally a bit tosh all round, starter for the under 21's - cool, then again we have about 4 players who start for it, one being DCL - who has shown he isn't that good really this season hasn't he?

BTW weren't you defending Barkley - a player berated frequently by his manager and who had been slated by former coaches etc? How does that differ to what you said about shaw?

This is interesting...

One of you thinks that last nights England u21 friendly with heavy rotation prior to the qualifier this week should have involved the 1st choice left back

Another believes we have 4 first choices (2 started) and one being DCL (a sub)...

So which is it lol

As for;

1 -- "DCL showing he isn't really good"....that's such a strange statement...compared to Messi or by what barometer? Nevermind lol

2 -- "Fuchs rotating with Chilwell".... https://www.whoscored.com/Players/299272/Show/Ben-Chilwell

3 -- "Leicester are tosh all round"....but are ahead of Everton and one place behind where we want to be this season.

4 -- "Barkley has been slated by former coaches"....really? add some links please...also the links showing the same level of discomforting comments akin to Mourinhos against shaw...

I honestly don't know why I wasted those few minutes typing that all out....

This is interesting...

One of you thinks that last nights England u21 friendly with heavy rotation prior to the qualifier this week should have involved the 1st choice left back

Another believes we have 4 first choices (2 started) and one being DCL (a sub)...

So which is it lol

As for;

1 -- "DCL showing he isn't really good"....that's such a strange statement...compared to Messi or by what barometer? Nevermind lol

2 -- "Fuchs rotating with Chilwell".... https://www.whoscored.com/Players/299272/Show/Ben-Chilwell

3 -- "Leicester are tosh all round"....but are ahead of Everton and one place behind where we want to be this season.

4 -- "Barkley has been slated by former coaches"....really? add some links please...also the links showing the same level of discomforting comments akin to Mourinhos against shaw...

I honestly don't know why I wasted those few minutes typing that all out....
Ok now. Leicester being above Everton in absolutely no way means they are not complete tosh.

I hope these 'Champions league level' players Allardyce says we are after are more suited than those below...were not far off the 7th place trophy with these lot;

Pickford
Coleman -- Holgate -- Mawson -- Sessegnon
Cook -- Gana
Sigurdsson
Walcott -- Tosun -- Lookman

Stekelenburg
Kenny -- Keane -- Jagielka -- Baines
Davies -- Baningime
Vlasic
Dowell -- Calvert-Lewin -- Onyekuru

I hope these 'Champions league level' players Allardyce says we are after are more suited than those below...were not far off the 7th place trophy with these lot;

Pickford
Coleman -- Holgate -- Mawson -- Sessegnon
Cook -- Gana
Sigurdsson
Walcott -- Tosun -- Lookman

Stekelenburg
Kenny -- Keane -- Jagielka -- Baines
Davies -- Baningime
Vlasic
Dowell -- Calvert-Lewin -- Onyekuru
Where are the leaders ?
I don't see any in either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back