Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want a couple of great players. These aren’t them. We don’t need MORE mediocre PL players.

Mediocre players don't spend the entire season playing for Manchester United's first team, in a defence that has the best record in the league.

An England u21 international first choice for club and country OR a player whose had a career threatening injury and is berated by his manager every week not to mention slated by his former coaches...

Decisions decisions...

shaw was awsome at saints and at 22 I think he's worth a pint at the right price 20m or there abouts is worth the risk. You will always be able to sell him for 15m if he doesn't make the grade

Can people please stop saying DCL has played 34 games. Tot up the minutes and divide by 90 for accuracy.

Fair enough, his goal per minute return is still atrocious whichever way you want to measure it mate.

I actually like the kid, but unless he adds goals and fast - i don't see him being anything more than a Anichebe type role around the club long term.

You plonkers do realise the idea of buying everyone below us better players has left us with a winger who can’t control his limbs, a centre back who’s stuck in stone, another cb who has a turning circle of an arctic and a glorified Johnny Wilkinson?

Fair enough, his goal per minute return is still atrocious whichever way you want to measure it mate.

I actually like the kid, but unless he adds goals and fast - i don't see him being anything more than a Anichebe type role around the club long term.

6 goals, 8 assists (+ however many pens) in 25 full games is fine for me. He could have ludicrous numbers if he’d finish too.

6 goals, 8 assists (+ however many pens) in 25 full games is fine for me. He could have ludicrous numbers if he’d finish too.

Thing is mate he can't finish, and therein lies the problem.

You set a low bar for what you expect if you think his strike rate is anything other than abysmal as well.

Fact is mate, he is not good enough atm, will he become good enough, not unless the lad learns how to finish better and generally improves his all round game

DCL showing he really isn't that good would be in relation to the fact his goals per minute as a striker are absolutely abysmal mate, his mammoth return of 4 goals in 34 games (League/Europa) - how would you describe it as mate, a roaring success?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/12431/Show/Christian-Fuchs

From the exact same source you quoted to show Chilwell and Fuchs aren't rotating mate, your one shows Chilwell has played 12 times in the league at left back for Leicester, the same source shows that Fuchs has played 17 games for Leicester as a left back this season.

So possibly i was wrong when i said they are rotating, and in fact Fuchs is the preferred starter at left back and Chilwell is more the back up :)

In what has been described by many as an absolute car crash of a season, one of the worst in recent memory and one wher a lot of people wet themselves thinking we could go down, one that has seen us sack one terrible manager, go for a couple of months with another with no experience - who was labelled a failure - and then end up with Big Fat Sam, then yeah mate the fact Leicster are one place above us by virtue of superior goal difference, would IMO put them firmly in the bracket of being an absolute bunch of tosh as a team :)

Barkley - as for the comments not being akin to Mourinhos against shaw, why not just check your own histrionic reactions to Koemans comments mate, pretty sure you where calling him all sorts and using it as a weapon against Koeman what he said, now you are saying 'it wasn't too bad', served your agenda now has it :), widely reported and commented on even on here about members of the england coaching teams comments about a certain player being for want of a better word 'too thick to coach' where about Barkley, Warnock who had him on loan also made similar comments about him not being able to be coached in certain areas etc.

As for you wasting your time typing, yeah you kind of did a bit mate, especially so about Chilwell by giving me a link which actually proved my point for me

He's not played 34 games fully though has he? Also, you've conveniently not included other goals he's scored.

Fuchs if you look has played in the same games as Chilwell, surely not both of them at left back :)
Also, since our game (which chilwell started) he's played 3 games to Chilwells 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back