Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you should do that for all other players?

You can’t bang on about Niasse’s goals per min ratio and then just assume every player’s appearance is 90 minutes.

But you've just contradicted yourself. If you only rank against the minutes they are on the pitch, I would imagine Niasse would be a vastly, vastly superior player to DCL, and let's be honest, he's utterly terrible too. Tosun outperforms the both and he's been here half a season in a totally new league.

I've got absolutely no problem with us assessing our strikers in goals / minute ratio - we used to do it for Lukaku. Problem is, DCL ranks poorly here, too.

Mikey will guarantee if Mourinho is still manager next season they won't be buying Tierney.

Even if he goes i think it'd be hugely unlikely.

Report originates in the Daily Record (Scottish mirror i believe)

Report contains nothing of substance supporting the claim and also goes on to state he can play both sides (must be why he has never played right back...) and can also play centre back - which are reasons why Mourinho likes him due to versatility, pretty sure Mourinho isn't looking at a 5'10 tall 20 year old scottish left back thinking - oooh i can slot him in at cb

Tierney has played right back for Scotland, although I can't recall seeing him play CB

Tierney has played right back for Scotland, although I can't recall seeing him play CB
He's played centre half for Scotland a couple of times. I'm not sure if he's really suited to playing there, it's more an attempt to fit him and Robertson in the same team, as they're two of their best players and naturally play the same position.

I'd love Herrera from United, even Fellaini back for two years. He's easily a massive upgrade over Schneiderlin, and free.

Bertrand would be a decent signing at left back once Southampton go down, and I'd take a punt on Ward-Prowse too for cheap.

If one of Jones or Smalling is available and I'd him too.

Jagielka, Williams, Schneiderlin, Martina, Besic out, Herrera, Fellaini, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Smalling in. Just a good winger signed, and then we can say adios to Mirallas too.

Also not forgetting a farewell to Stekelenberg or more likely Robles, and I'd stick DCL, Dowell and possibly Davies out on loan next season.

I'd love Herrera from United, even Fellaini back for two years. He's easily a massive upgrade over Schneiderlin, and free.

Bertrand would be a decent signing at left back once Southampton go down, and I'd take a punt on Ward-Prowse too for cheap.

Jagielka, Williams, Schneiderlin, Martina, Besic out, Herrera, Fellaini, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Smalling in. Just a good winger signed, and then we can say adios to Mirallas too.

Also not forgetting a farewell to Stekelenberg or more likely Robles, and I'd stick DCL, Dowell and possibly Davies out on loan next season.

Robles has already agreed to sign for Getafe.

But you've just contradicted yourself. If you only include the minutes they are on the pitch, Niasse would be a vastly, vastly superior player to DCL, and let's be honest, he's utterly terrible too.

I've got absolutely no problem with us assessing our strikers in goals / minute ratio. Problem is, DCL ranks poorly here, too.

He does have a massively better goals per min ratio to DCL I don’t disagree. I’d just prefer some consistency and accuracy in how we’re analysing stats.

If we’re hellbent on sticking to the Prem, I’d take the following:

Herrera or Wilshere
Bertrand or Shaw
Mawson
Jones

Then we could punt half the squad, get Lookman, Vlasic and Henry involved, and we’d be fine.

When we are linked to a player I like to go on line of the team that is selling him to find out what their fans think of him, well go on line at Man U and see what they think of Smalling, most of them think he is absolute rubbish so my advice is steer clear and look elsewhere.

He does have a massively better goals per min ratio to DCL I don’t disagree. I’d just prefer some consistency and accuracy in how we’re analysing stats.

??

No one is saying we shouldn't; the problem is it doesn't show DCL in a better light either way. I'd love him to be, or even show signs of becoming, a 20 league goal a season striker, even a 10-12 goal a season striker or someone with an obvious role in the side; but he doesn't seem to have any real strengths.

Very tenuous I'll concede immediately, but one of the things you have seen a lot of is articles saying our strikers where they have had areas of weakness staying for extra training and 'working hard to fix' articles. Tosun, Niasse, even Lukaku. Are we seeing that drive for improvement from DCL?

??

No one is saying we shouldn't; the problem is it doesn't show DCL in a better light either way. I'd love him to be, or even show signs of becoming, a 20 league goal a season striker, even a 10-12 goal a season striker or someone with an obvious role in the side; but he doesn't seem to have any real strengths.

Very tenuous I'll concede immediately, but one of the things you have seen a lot of is articles saying our strikers where they have had areas of weakness staying for extra training and 'working hard to fix' articles. Tosun, Niasse, even Lukaku. Are we seeing that drive for improvement from DCL?

6 goals, 8 assists in 25 games sounds a lot better than 41 games so I’ll disagree about painting it in a better light.

Possibly, I dunno, there’s just something different about him. He isn’t particularly hyped by fans of our team or other teams but he’s seemingly rated massively by every manager and coach he’s had.

I’d just worry about selling him because he isn’t prolific now and then it biting us further down the line.

I don't think the names mentioned by you will substantially improve us, some of them may be an upgrade but not by a lot.
I think that Smalling is probably the only one I would be happy with as I think he is a good defender and at a good age.

I think Williams, Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Besic will leave this summer. Martina will probably stay as cover in case of injuries or suspensions and is probably not hugely expensive.
I think Jagielka may leave as he probably won't want to spend possibly his last premiership season just sitting on a bench. However, I would be glad to keep him as an experienced back up centre half .
Robles is out of contract and I think Niasse will leave as well .
Sandro , if he can find a club .

That is probably anything up to ten players from the first team squad off the payroll and I think we will see a lot of the under 23s go as well...Williams, Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Connolly to name just five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back