Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is mate he can't finish, and therein lies the problem.

You set a low bar for what you expect if you think his strike rate is anything other than abysmal as well.

Fact is mate, he is not good enough atm, will he become good enough, not unless the lad learns how to finish better and generally improves his all round game

I don’t set a low bar I just appreciate it’s his first season in the PL having little relevant first team experience prior, the fact he will improve since he obviously has already & the fact I support Everton and have only ever seen 1-2 good strikers playing here in my lifetime.

You plonkers do realise the idea of buying everyone below us better players has left us with a winger who can’t control his limbs, a centre back who’s stuck in stone, another cb who has a turning circle of an arctic and a glorified Johnny Wilkinson?

Absolutely this tbh. And our best player is a "cast off" from a big club, funny that.

We need to go for great players but no great player is going to come to us over the big 6 so we are stuck with mediocrity

He's not played 34 games fully though has he? Also, you've conveniently not included other goals he's scored.

Fuchs if you look has played in the same games as Chilwell, surely not both of them at left back :)
Also, since our game (which chilwell started) he's played 3 games to Chilwells 6...

Zat, you once said Luke Shaw would be world class. I think your scouting abilities are on par with PE Steve

Excited to see Sam's Grand Plan come to fruition this summer. Schneiderlin captain next year, Williams and Keane forging a rock solid backline surely meaning Pickford will largely be a spectator in the majority of games going forwards. Think he might bring Fellaini in to replace Gueye who could drop to the bench, and give Rooney 90 minutes each week in his favourite false #10 role, Sigurdsson and Coleman as wing backs and maybe nick Noble off West Ham once they drop to dictate play from the centre of the park. Tosun and Walcott to fire in the goals in attack. G'wed Sam lad.

Pickford
Williams--Keane
Coleman------------------Sigurdsson
---------------Fellaini---------------
---------Noble-----Schneiderlin (c)
---------------Rooney-------------
Walcott-------Tosun​

I wish we keep an eye on Manchester United . Jose is doing a jose in Manchester and as a result they may release a lot of players . I think we should keep our eyes open . I would love to watch out for below players , provided they are available on cheap -
1. Hererra : I am still confused what went wrong with this wonderful midfielder from the Basque country . Such a skillful passer of the ball . Doesnt he have only one more year left on his contract ? ?
2.Smalling : I would prefer him over jones , it is always nice to have a good English CB in the team . If Mourinho chases Varane , we should pounce for him .
3.DArmian : I still believe Mourinho is spoiling him .and if he is available for peanuts (Two bad seasons shud bring his price down .. ) , we can take him and get the best out of him .He can play on either flank and i have always loved him in Azzuri colours .
4. Fellaini - :cheers:

I would rather want these players over the two Manchester united players linked to us , aka Jones and Shaw because of their injury records .

I don’t set a low bar I just appreciate it’s his first season in the PL having little relevant first team experience prior, the fact he will improve since he obviously has already & the fact I support Everton and have only ever seen 1-2 good strikers playing here in my lifetime.
When will people realise that it isn't a 'fact' that players will improve. We've been here before to differing extents with Rodwell, Barkley, Galloway etc. They were all going to be amazing once their natural automatic improvement kicked in, but then it didn't actually happen. DCL might improve, or he might not. Some fans seem to just assume that the more you play the better you get, when in reality the opposite is quite often true.

Well Man United want Tierney apparently, so he's off the table

Mikey will guarantee if Mourinho is still manager next season they won't be buying Tierney.

Even if he goes i think it'd be hugely unlikely.

Report originates in the Daily Record (Scottish mirror i believe)

Report contains nothing of substance supporting the claim and also goes on to state he can play both sides (must be why he has never played right back...) and can also play centre back - which are reasons why Mourinho likes him due to versatility, pretty sure Mourinho isn't looking at a 5'10 tall 20 year old scottish left back thinking - oooh i can slot him in at cb

Mikey will guarantee if Mourinho is still manager next season they won't be buying Tierney.

Even if he goes i think it'd be hugely unlikely.

Report originates in the Daily Record (Scottish mirror i believe)

Report contains nothing of substance supporting the claim and also goes on to state he can play both sides (must be why he has never played right back...) and can also play centre back - which are reasons why Mourinho likes him due to versatility, pretty sure Mourinho isn't looking at a 5'10 tall 20 year old scottish left back thinking - oooh i can slot him in at cb

Duncan Castles thought mate, who is mourinho's play thing

lol lol

But then you'd have to do that for all the other players too, and he'd still look bad relative to them.

He's just a poor player.

Well you should do that for all other players?

You can’t bang on about Niasse’s goals per min ratio and then just assume every player’s appearance is 90 minutes.

When will people realise that it isn't a 'fact' that players will improve. We've been here before to differing extents with Rodwell, Barkley, Galloway etc. They were all going to be amazing once their natural automatic improvement kicked in, but then it didn't actually happen. DCL might improve, or he might not. Some fans seem to just assume that the more you play the better you get, when in reality the opposite is quite often true.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back