Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Williams, Schneidelin, Stek, Martina, Niasse and Mirallas. Replace with a tall CB who's comfortable on the ball, a CM similar to Barry but better, a capable back up keeper, a LB who can take Baines spot, a striker to give Tosun competition and a left footed winger. If we were able to do at least that in the summer, 6 out 6 in, we'd look like a top 6 team. We could survive not replacing Kev and Schneiderlin if it came to it but would love to see the above happen.

I still prefer a signing that has most of his career ahead of him. Apart from obviously having a resale value there is the more import point that they still have their career ambitions to achieve.

I cannot help but feel that Ashley Williams just has not had the same appetite for football since securing his last big pay day at Everton. It is also the risk with Theo Walcott once the opportunity to go to the world cup is decided... although in his case I don't think so.
Tosun is younger and you feel a player who profile is still rising in the game.
Ashley Williams was already on fantastic wages at Swansea though. Pay days for professional footballers just don't exist. I would want to win if I was playing Sunday football. Everyone wants to win. That's sport. The coaching and management at Everton needs a massive overhall as well as the playing staff.

Because he was one of those players who developed massively on football games and was given the massive hype pretty much before he'd ever played for Leicester as the next big thing and Baines mark 2 etc, then he played and anyone with eyes could see he's just a decent left back.

Certainly never seen anything that made me remotely think he was gonna be anything than the level he is playing at right now really.

Then again Crewsell constantly gets talked about as being a good player, when he is IMO anyway absolute rubbish, and already 28? so ain't getting any better

Like him or not, Shaw at 17 was a mile better than either of those two lads will ever be, so worth a punt in compassion.

You'd 'have a punt' on a key position? On a player with dramas at their current club...seems risky to me.

Much rather Chilwell...

5 players Zat, really?

bviously depends who the 5 players where doesn't it, if messis, ronaldo, sergio ramos and such then yeah you'd be right, IF however we are still living on planet earth then no mate we need much more than 5 players of the calibre we could currently attract

To push for 6th position?
1 LB
1CB
1CM
1CF
1GK

Squad complete for another year.

Sorry mate but i'm guessing you knowing that Chilwell looks very similar to Baines at the same age is utter bollocks, given until 21 Baines was playing in lower leagues with Wigan and they'd maybe been shown on telly a couple of times max that first season up for Wigan. also pretty sure you didn't make a mental note of how Baines looked 13 years ago for future comparisons sake

And yet Leighton Baines was playing for England u21s...where I watched him.

Actually when we signed Lescott for example id heard decent things...but Baines id been watching for England u21s and when he made the step up with Wigan. I was made up when we signed him...

So, yeah I do remember how he was and Chilwell looks similar at the same age.

I still prefer a signing that has most of his career ahead of him. Apart from obviously having a resale value there is the more import point that they still have their career ambitions to achieve.

I cannot help but feel that Ashley Williams just has not had the same appetite for football since securing his last big pay day at Everton. It is also the risk with Theo Walcott once the opportunity to go to the world cup is decided... although in his case I don't think so.
Tosun is younger and you feel a player who profile is still rising in the game.

Say what you want about Ash but you cannot deny his commitment. He puts in a shift every game, just not a very good one.

You'd 'have a punt' on a key position? On a player with dramas at their current club...seems risky to me.

Much rather Chilwell...

To push for 6th position?
1 LB
1CB
1CM
1CF
1GK

Squad complete for another year.

And yet Leighton Baines was playing for England u21s...where I watched him.

Actually when we signed Lescott for example id heard decent things...but Baines id been watching for England u21s and when he made the step up with Wigan. I was made up when we signed him...

So, yeah I do remember how he was and Chilwell looks similar at the same age.

Chilwell is a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back