Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my agent mates (sure sign of a mispent life that I have more than one) says Lookman has been told to report to training 2 July. His head is elsewhere but Silva wants him and is confident he can settle him down. If he turns up that will be a good sign but he is VERY high maintenance. Sam did not help our cause but it is not all his fault here it seems. As a player all we've seen, with us or at Leipzig, are flashes of talent without any consistency. He's ambitious and in a hurry to succeed, very self confident but his self-belief outstrips his production at the moment. Always tough to judge if a player like that will become great because of their self belief (cf. Ronaldo) or fade away because they believe they are already great when they still have loads of areas to improve.

As for Mooy being like Gravesen, he is barely half the player Tommy was and Tommy was barely half the player he thought he was. Every team needs a grafter but Mooy gives mediocre a bad name.

assuming the paper talk about Lookman wanting out is true we hold all the cards. He has 3 years on his contract and if anything his stint in Germany has strenghened our hand because he's shown what he can do and we'd need a pretty serious offer to make us consider selling such a young talent.
My guess is he'll speak with Brands and Silva when he's back (if he hasn't done already), he get assurances on his game time which Brands has already said pretty much and maybe even an inproved contract to keep him sweet.

One of my agent mates (sure sign of a mispent life that I have more than one) says Lookman has been told to report to training 2 July. His head is elsewhere but Silva wants him and is confident he can settle him down. If he turns up that will be a good sign but he is VERY high maintenance. Sam did not help our cause but it is not all his fault here it seems. As a player all we've seen, with us or at Leipzig, are flashes of talent without any consistency. He's ambitious and in a hurry to succeed, very self confident but his self-belief outstrips his production at the moment. Always tough to judge if a player like that will become great because of their self belief (cf. Ronaldo) or fade away because they believe they are already great when they still have loads of areas to improve.

As for Mooy being like Gravesen, he is barely half the player Tommy was and Tommy was barely half the player he thought he was. Every team needs a grafter but Mooy gives mediocre a bad name.

Oh aye, agent mate.

Index @orly

index

It seems actual player man-management was non-existent under Koeman and Allardyce, and I'm confident that will change under Silva. I wouldn't want to keep Lookman if he is set on leaving, but not without giving Silva the opportunity to work with him first. If there is no change, then we can use the January window to sell him and ensure we get an inflated fee like every other club.

If we can get players interested enough to talk to Brands and Silva about joining that will help also because they come across well. God knows what stuff they would have heard from Walsh and Koeman made plain that that side of things wasn't his affair, which is a dereliction of duty and totally wrong. In hindsight its no wonder that Witsel and the other merry crew wanted nothing to do with us. We ended up largely with players that didn't need a lot of persuading, on big wages, if you want to stretch the ambition of the club, you have to put in the hard yards with players and their agents. I don't think much effort was spent on selling the club at all and its set us back several years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back