Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Diakhaby stuff is true, then there are a few positives and a few negatives from the approach.

Good
1) He's a good player, so its good to see us linked with this type of progressive player
2) Nothing has come out until now, so hopefully stuff is going on that none of us know about

Bad
1)There are bigger teams about than Valencia, and if he has turned down more money to go to them instead of us, we are going to find it hard to attract people here (I wonder if the spat with the fan at goodison made any decision for it)
2) Are we only in for him as the quoted 15m? Would someone like Diop who people on here rate be out of our price range? Do we have only 15m to spend on a starting centre half?
3) Providing that Keane is the other starting centre back, is it wise to put a fairly inexperienced player alingside him, considering Keane tends to need a leader next to him

Depends which way you want to look at it
What happens with Keane is key I think. If we are committed to the investment we made in him then we need to find the right long term partner to compliment his ability. He needs a strong character next to him with plenty of pace.

What happens with Keane is key I think. If we are committed to the investment we made in him then we need to find the right long term partner to compliment his ability. He needs a strong character next to him with plenty of pace.
There`s a word, that I never thought I`d see in a sentence being used to describe Keane - " ability " lol

There`s a word, that I never thought I`d see in a sentence being used to describe Keane - " ability " lol
Little unfair. A poor season compared the his previous one but Keane got slowly better when paired with Jags. Whether he's good enough for us and the level we want to reach is questionable but the lad has some ability.

Fair enough, I as an Everton fan just dont want any player's near the team who dont want to play for us. Especially, when they haven't played that great in any the games that they have come on.

He does have potential, but that's it at the moment. Barkley at his age was head and shoulders above him, and look where that tool is now, i think personally he was more exciting than Lookman.
barkley was hyped up because he was "one of us"

he was never talented enough

his level is mid table prem at best

the guy can't control a pass to save his life and his passing range was awful at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back